Last Minute Travel Club??

JustCruiseMe

I just booked with them but read some pretty bad things that happened to travelers. Anyone actually use them and how was the experience?

Thank you, I am a bit nervous as we don't get in until after 1am and hate to be running around trying to find a hotel that late with a taxi.

I've read mostly positive things about them and a reason besides the price that I booked with them for my early Oct pre-cruise...Other's have had no problem with calling the hotel approx 1 week prior to arrival to confirm their reservation, that's when LMT gives them the list of names that have reservations in their blocked space.

We've used them a couple times and actually have three stays booked with them now. They are popular due to the generous cancellation policy as well as pricing. We ALWAYS call a couple weeks out to reconfirm with the hotel directly and make any requests for room bedding etc. Haven't had any problems.

Because of your early morning arrival, I for sure would make sure that they have that info in the system at the hotel. And I would call the hotel the day of expected arrival to reconfirm that res. When arriving at any hotel at that time, there is always a chance something can go haywirer. I don't care who you booked with.

I just booked with them but read some pretty bad things that happened to travelers. Anyone actually use them and how was the experience?

Thank you, I am a bit nervous as we don't get in until after 1am and hate to be running around trying to find a hotel that late with a taxi.

I have used LMT since 2008 twice a year with no problems at all. I always email the hotel with my requests and then reconfirm before arrival.

Enjoy your trip!

OK - so I am sorry if this is a "blonde" question. Their cancel policy states that if it is 3 days prior = 1 nights penalty; if it is 1 day prior or less = full fare.

Does this mean, if I were to cancel 4 days prior there would be a full refund and no penalty?

Thanks for clarifying. I just don't want to pull the trigger not knowing for sure.

Thank you all.

OK - so I am sorry if this is a "blonde" question. Their cancel policy states that if it is 3 days prior = 1 nights penalty; if it is 1 day prior or less = full fare.

Does this mean, if I were to cancel 4 days prior there would be a full refund and no penalty?

Thanks for clarifying. I just don't want to pull the trigger not knowing for sure.

Thank you all.

Correct..unless the hotel you were using had an additional penality and very few do..most have a 24 hrs policy..So basically cancelling 4 days out with LMT you should get all your money refunded to the credit card you used. I personally wouldn't cut it that close if possible..and I'm a blonde too :)...

Also got the Intercontinental through LMT for $139.50 plus for 1 night 12/8/13and felt better reading that many have used LMT several times with no problems, however, I intend to confirm and reconfirm with the hotel just to be safe. LMT was running a one-year free membership recently - may still be available on their website.

IS there a fee to use LMT?

No recently they have been offering free 1 year membership..When I log on I can easily see all hotel names and information...any problem you can also call 888 594-8829...I found the best rate with this company for my Oct pre-cruise.

No, http://www.lastminutetravel.com/hp.aspx

Usually use my ipad and the hotel names show up.

Joanne

No recently they have been offering free 1 year membership..When I log on I can easily see all hotel names and information...any problem you can also call 888 594-8829...I found the best rate with this company for my Oct pre-cruise.

There is a difference between Last Minute Travel ("LMT"), and Last Minute Travel Club (LMT Club). It's only the latter that has a membership (which has recently been free with the code).

Last Minute Travel is similar to Hotwire - they don't always tell you the name of the hotel. LMT Club does tell you the name of the hotel when you log on.

I've used Last Minute Travel a few times for hotels and have never had an issue. If you add a car to a mock booking, it will tell you the hotel most times. If not, just call the 800# and they will gladly tell you the hotel and sometimes they even give it to you a few bucks cheaper. I would definately use it for hotels.

On another note though. Be careful using them for car rentals. The price quoted DOES NOT include taxes and fees. I had a car booked with them but read another thread on here from someone who rented a car through them and ended up spending alot more for the car upon pickup because the agency had "mandatory" insurance for the rental. I verified this information with LMT and ended up cancelling my reservation. I don't like surprises.

• 4 weeks later...

I've used last minute travel twice and have no problems. I would definitely confirm with the hotel. However, what I've learned is when you call the hotel, ask for the FRONT DESK. The reservations department is not necessarily onsite (even if you call a local number and ask for reservations, they may transfer you offsite). I confirmed both times with the front desk because "reservations" couldn't find my reservations. Front desk had it 1-2-3.

The last time (Feb 2013) I used it, I did print my confirmation and was glad I did. Just made it easier at checkin.

Wouldn't hesitate to use them again for sure.

Archived