Can you recommend good day trips in Belize and Cozumel

Xtchr

My family is going on March 15th Liberty of the Seas for my 80th birthday.

Looking for some suggestions for a good guide or day excursions while in Belize and Cozumel. Two college age kids.. 19 and 21... one 10 yr.old and the rest are adults in their 50's.

I recommend Alton Ha Excursion thru RCI in Belize. We did it on Celebrity Equinox so hopefully RCI does it. Great Mayan ruins.

281769_400205916724281_506860189_n.jpg

Here is another vote for the cave tubing and zip line tour in Belize. I went on a Mother/Daughter cruise and we had a great time (I was 31 and she was 12 years old). One of my favorite days I've ever spent with my "little girl"!

Edit: Ok, just noticed that you said it was for you 80th birthday! AWESOME!! However...this may be a little adventurous for the *average* 80 year old:) But I do know there are 80 year olds out there who would have a great time!!

I've done the Amazing Secret River in Cozumel. Awesome experience and like nothing I have ever experienced anywhere else before. Huge underground cave/river system.

But the price is a tad steep for some. But I feel even at that price it is worth every penny paid.

I've tried to look up the "Amazing Secret River in Cozumel" but can't find it, am I doing something wrong, can anyone help, also exactly what is it, can you purchase thru rccl or local vendor?

Both times my wife and I went to Cozumel we did the Passion Island by Twister excursion. LOVED IT. You have two options to get there, one by speed boat or one by slow boat. We did the speed boat both times. When it gets closer to the island, it does some spins and gets everyone good and wet -- LOTS of fun! The speed boat gets you there first - which means first dibs on seats!

drinks and non-alcoholic drinks and the buffet are included in the price. food was good, nothing outstanding. the only authentic mexican food is the guac and pico. which are both fantastic and freshly made. if you like spice they do a amazing habanero salsa with a ton of zip! the buffet has chicken wings, chicken tenders, salad, spaghetti...etc - nothing you'd expect, but it all hits the spot.

on our first trip, there were 3 boats in port - the island had less than 60 people on it. on our second trip, there were two boats in port and there were less than 30 on it -- it was like having it to ourselves. the beach is HUGE. its so peaceful. they have activities and beach stuff to keep everyone entertained (volleyball, soccer, waterballon toss) and a few things to use for rent. we just relaxed, had some drinks and enjoyed paradise. worth every penny.

its a beautiful beach, the water is amazing and the sand is so soft and powdery!

(i see other people have suggested paradise beach - that is not the same as this. the only way to get to this destination is by boat - its under passion island by twister or isla de pasion)

Here are some pics:

8632505296_1d98130618_n.jpg

IMG_8702 by dpmfloyd, on Flickr

8632506304_3bf923a185_n.jpg

IMG_8706 by dpmfloyd, on Flickr

8632507258_b58e47b3d1_n.jpg

IMG_8712 by dpmfloyd, on Flickr

8631401409_61137cb9f1_n.jpg

IMG_8716 by dpmfloyd, on Flickr

8631402647_804a84049f_n.jpg

IMG_8722 by dpmfloyd, on Flickr

8631402977_8aafff3f3a_n.jpg

IMG_8724 by dpmfloyd, on Flickr

Both times my wife and I went to Cozumel we did the Passion Island by Twister excursion. LOVED IT. You have two options to get there, one by speed boat or one by slow boat. We did the speed boat both times. When it gets closer to the island, it does some spins and gets everyone good and wet -- LOTS of fun! The speed boat gets you there first - which means first dibs on seats!

drinks and non-alcoholic drinks and the buffet are included in the price. food was good, nothing outstanding. the only authentic mexican food is the guac and pico. which are both fantastic and freshly made. if you like spice they do a amazing habanero salsa with a ton of zip! the buffet has chicken wings, chicken tenders, salad, spaghetti...etc - nothing you'd expect, but it all hits the spot.

on our first trip, there were 3 boats in port - the island had less than 60 people on it. on our second trip, there were two boats in port and there were less than 30 on it -- it was like having it to ourselves. the beach is HUGE. its so peaceful. they have activities and beach stuff to keep everyone entertained (volleyball, soccer, waterballon toss) and a few things to use for rent. we just relaxed, had some drinks and enjoyed paradise. worth every penny.

its a beautiful beach, the water is amazing and the sand is so soft and powdery!

(i see other people have suggested paradise beach - that is not the same as this. the only way to get to this destination is by boat - its under passion island by twister or isla de pasion)

Here are some pics:

8632505296_1d98130618_n.jpg

IMG_8702 by dpmfloyd, on Flickr

8632506304_3bf923a185_n.jpg

IMG_8706 by dpmfloyd, on Flickr

8632507258_b58e47b3d1_n.jpg

IMG_8712 by dpmfloyd, on Flickr

8631401409_61137cb9f1_n.jpg

IMG_8716 by dpmfloyd, on Flickr

8631402647_804a84049f_n.jpg

IMG_8722 by dpmfloyd, on Flickr

8631402977_8aafff3f3a_n.jpg

IMG_8724 by dpmfloyd, on Flickr

This sounds like fun. Maybe we will try this next summer when we go to Cozumel.

In Cozumel I recommend Chakanaub Park or Paradise beach. In Belize we went cave tubing the first time but nothing compares to the Goff's Caye excursion booked thru Belize Cruise Excursions online. It was absolutely one of the best things we've ever done. Google it. It is just gorgeous!

This sounds like fun. Maybe we will try this next summer when we go to Cozumel.

it is very fun. the only complaint: you dont get enough time there! the speed boat takes roughly 20-30 minutes to get there (45 for the slow boat) and then you get a little more than three hours to enjoy the property. which is enough to enjoy the water, drinks, food, beach, hammocks... but each time i left i wanted "just one more hour"

In Belize we did a private tour with Nacho and Cynthia (NCQ Adventure Tours) to Altun Ha and the Baboon Sanctuary. The Baboon Sanctuary is actually a Howler Monkey Sanctuary and was a real highlight of our day!

http://www.ncqadventuretours.com/altunha.html

In Cozumel we did the Amazing Race (we were with my kids who were 10 and 12 and my parents in their mid 60s) and although we came in 2nd to last - it was a lot of fun! I know a lot of people do a day trip to Tikal from Cozumel. That's a long day, but if you like ruins, it can be a good trip.

We love Mr. Sanchos. You put down a tiny deposit and once there pay the rest. Well worth the money doing the all-inclusive vs. a la carte upon arrival. Much better service and away from the crowds. They keep the all-inclusive in once section with your own waiter. Would do it again in a heart beat. ;)

Archived