Avalon Exclusive Future Cruise Discount

Shebely

On the last day of our Avalon Danube cruise we were given information about their Exclusive Future Cruise Discount program. I was initially excited because the offer is that if you purchase a voucher for $150 within 30 days of the end of your cruise, that $150 turns into $250 (an extra $100) toward a future cruise. As it turns out, I had booked a future cruise for 2014 before we left for the Danube cruise. Now I have been told that if I purchase the Exclusive Future Cruise Discount based on my Danube 2013 cruise, I cannot use it toward payments due for the 2014 cruise because the 2014 cruise was booked before we sailed. So I am passing this information on to others. If you are thinking of booking a future cruise and you are not concerned about the next cruise selling out in the category that you want, consider waiting until you complete the first cruise and then you will be able to purchase and use the Exclusive Future Cruise Discount. :mad:

On the last day of our Avalon Danube cruise we were given information about their Exclusive Future Cruise Discount program. I was initially excited because the offer is that if you purchase a voucher for $150 within 30 days of the end of your cruise, that $150 turns into $250 (an extra $100) toward a future cruise. As it turns out, I had booked a future cruise for 2014 before we left for the Danube cruise. Now I have been told that if I purchase the Exclusive Future Cruise Discount based on my Danube 2013 cruise, I cannot use it toward payments due for the 2014 cruise because the 2014 cruise was booked before we sailed. So I am passing this information on to others. If you are thinking of booking a future cruise and you are not concerned about the next cruise selling out in the category that you want, consider waiting until you complete the first cruise and then you will be able to purchase and use the Exclusive Future Cruise Discount. :mad:

This must be something new as I'm sure I never heard it mentioned on our cruise in August last year.

Just me, but if I did purchase it I wouldnt expect it could be used on a cruise I'd already booked and paid a deposit on.

Globus , which Avalon is part of this group along with Cosmos and Monograms, offer 5% discount of every cruise or tour after your first one, we are saving around $300 each (without having to purchase a voucher)on our next river cruise plus a $1000 per couple special that is running on some cruises for 2014. We are in Australia but I believe that these savings are across all passengers.

Deb :)

I understand your position, TassieTavelers, but in our case, we had deviations to our river cruise because of the lockworkers' strike. We did not get to see or experience all that we had expected. Granted, we did not endure major inconvenience like some travelers did, but I feel that if Avalon was offering an extra $100 off a future cruise, I would be glad to accept it.

We booked Avalon's Grand France for September 2013 in August of 2012. When we booked the itinerary included Monaco. Even though we love Viking and AMA, we made our final decision for Avalon because of the Monte Carlo experience and added an extra night at the Fairmont. When we received our documents recently Avalon had cancelled Monte Carlo and booked an extra night in Nice. We would not have booked an extra night in Nice. Because of the extra night, we are paying for the transfer, can't change flights, and will now need to pay for a day tour to Monte Carlo. On two previous Avalon river cruises everything was fine. Just beware that Avalon can change their itinerary and will not contact you regarding the change for your input and possible tweaking of your tour. Of course, Avalon customer service reps (not booking reps) are very empathetic, will take your phone number, and never call back. Beware of early booking incentives. We were about to book another Globus tour for the savings and will now look elsewhere.

We booked Avalon's Grand France for September 2013 in August of 2012. When we booked the itinerary included Monaco. Even though we love Viking and AMA, we made our final decision for Avalon because of the Monte Carlo experience and added an extra night at the Fairmont. When we received our documents recently Avalon had cancelled Monte Carlo and booked an extra night in Nice.

Did they give you a reason? Is something going on at the Fairmont at that time? I know they move the pre-cruise stay during the Grand Prix....

I am interested, as we are booked to do the south of France with Avalon next year. We are going in a day or two early, and if they don't include Monte Carlo, we will most likely do it on our own.

Fran

The website does say the Monte Carlo Fairmont. My disappointment is that we are not staying in Monte Carlo, Monaco, but rather Nice, France. The appeal was the Monaco experience before France. If you are planning to arrive several days early, then you will only need to know the city where the tour group is meeting. Had I known that we might not be staying in Monaco, I could have booked our pre-tour independently. I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Archived