Bug Bites from Isla Passion

cwestbrook

We were at Isla Passion 10 days ago. My daughter was covered up in bug bites after that. She is STILL getting new bites. When I say bites, I mean her arms are covered in one bite after another and they itch intensely.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

We were at Isla Passion 10 days ago. My daughter was covered up in bug bites after that. She is STILL getting new bites. When I say bites, I mean her arms are covered in one bite after another and they itch intensely.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

The part I'm confused about is "still is STILL getting NEW bites". :confused: How would she be getting new bites after you have returned?

From doing some research there are some bugs that burrow in your skin and keep spreading bites or whatever substance that creates an irritation. Bed bugs, mites, scabies, etc

My first thought was you might have had a room with bed bugs and if you are having a problem with more bites since you returned, maybe you brought some home with you? Some people have highly sensative skin and they will be kind of allergic to the bugs and break out while other members in the family do not get the reaction. I would make sure I check everything...the bed and linens and such. Bed bugs usually bite in a row or line.

The only thing I remember ever reading on these boards about anything that could burrow under the skin was a type of worm. They get in a cut or something and burrow under the skin and grow. They can get fairly huge, but I'm not sure that they would create more "bites". It would just get bigger from what I can remember.

Please keep us informed.

We were all swatting away bugs constantly that day and before we ever returned to the ship her arms were covered in welts so I don't think it's bed bugs. Others on this board have talked about wishing they had bug spray while at isla passion.

Our next step is the doctor but they are just guessing and don't always get it right. That's why I was looking for anyone else who might have been through this.

We were all swatting away bugs constantly that day and before we ever returned to the ship her arms were covered in welts so I don't think it's bed bugs. Others on this board have talked about wishing they had bug spray while at isla passion.

Our next step is the doctor but they are just guessing and don't always get it right. That's why I was looking for anyone else who might have been through this.

Yea, I have read that too (and was thinking about going here on our next cruise in 4 months), but I do know that the bug situation can be in any port. We have experienced them in Costa Maya before and my daughter broke out everywhere. They have the no-see-um's and the mosquitos or flies and sand fleas that bother you and you need bug spray. But the thing that concerns me is that you say your little one is "still" breaking out with them 10 days later. That's concerning.

Please let me know what you find out and keep us updated. The last thing I want is for us to decide to go here and this happen to our DD. She is highly allergic to bugs and easily breaks out.

This was her on her first cruise (and we learned our lesson to always carry bug spray, but have never needed it since).

IMG_5465-M.jpg

Looks like chiggers. Take clear fingernail polish and cover the bites. It will make them not itch and kill the bug. Note I would also check with doc, but growing up on a farm tats what we did.

Nevermind. Just googled and seems the fingernail polish is an old wives tail.

Archived