Paradise Review 8/5/13

agp_mzk

As we were swimming along, I felt Marianne tap me on the shoulder. I turned my head and found myself staring right into the face of a rather large fish! This guy (grouper, maybe?) swam along with and between us for about 10 minutes. He seemed as curious about us as we were about him.

CruiseDay526_zps75eec20a.jpg

That's a chub. They are usually pretty friendly with snorklers and divers.

Thanks for the review! We were on Paradise in May and I enjoyed the martini tasting too. :)

Really enjoying your review. Love the pictures so far. :)

BTW: if you decide to sail from Tampa again, Try the Postcard Inn on St.Pete, Beach. It is a Choice hotel. We find that SPB is a bit more laid back with plenty of restaurants that wont break-the-bank.

http://www.ascendcollection.com/hotel-st_pete_beach-florida-FLC48

• 7 months later...
Nice review. We love the Fantasy class ships.

Was the Tortuga Rum shop in Grand Cayman inside the port area??? I am wanting to get a friend of mine some Big Black Dick rum

The one I'm thinking of isn't but there might be one around the port but the big one is not in the port area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

....even though it was, what...8 months ago...LOL! :rolleyes:

Paradise used to be on my side (Long Beach)...sailed on her a few years ago.

I'd love to hit those ports...the pics were awesome and DH and I really love snorkeling. Thanks for the detailed review.

Loved your review! Hubby and I are sailing on the paradise in May for our very first cruise! Do you happen to remember what type of underwater camera you used for your snorkeling excursion?

I used a Canon D20 waterproof digital camera for all of my photos. For a relatively inexpensive camera (under $200 from Amazon), it did really well!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by agp_mzk

Nice review. We love the Fantasy class ships.

Was the Tortuga Rum shop in Grand Cayman inside the port area??? I am wanting to get a friend of mine some Big Black Dick rum

If I remember correctly, the shop we visited was to our left as we came off the tenders. It wasn't very big, but you can't miss it!

If I remember correctly, the shop we visited was to our left as we came off the tenders. It wasn't very big, but you can't miss it!

Thank You so much. I am not alcohol drinker but my friend wants me to bring her home some. I never take the time to look for it.

I used a Canon D20 waterproof digital camera for all of my photos. For a relatively inexpensive camera (under $200 from Amazon), it did really well!

Awesome! Thanks!:D Also, do you feel like you got your money's worth for nachi cocum? I'm just worried about the times we are docked there and the time it's open.

We definitely got WAY more than our money's worth at Nachi Cocom! (And probably more than we really needed, to tell the truth.) I don't remember exactly how much we each ate and drank (which gives an indication of how much we drank...), but I know that we didn't want for anything. And the service was fantastic. I highly recommend it.