Too early to book? Airfare?

amd1234

I've just booked our flights for our Viking Rhine cruise next June.

We are traveling to Italy in October and booked one flight in January using points and kicked myself for not booking the second seat at the same time thinking the price would go down. Did nothing but go up. Ended up paying about $200 more a few months later.

I'm hoping I've done right by booking so early. Such a gamble.

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing the same trip in May. I booked out flights this past week. We like to buy the Economy "comfort" or whatever each airline calls it where you get the extra leg room for extra $$. (Remember when these seats were free, you just had to book early)

When I checked the flights from DFW to Zurich, there were only a few "comfort" seats available on the flight we wanted, so I booked. No luck on the flight from Zurich back to DFW, but at least I got to pick the seats we wanted on a non-stop flight.

I may have done better by waiting, but I like to get the best seats available on the flights we want. I'm happy.

We haven't booked for our river cruise in June. What is making me nervous is the price of fuel if we have a conflict with Syria. .i have been monitoring the flights that interest me but for now the prices haven't changed..

Archived