My Valorous Solo Cruise - Valor July 28, 2013 - August 4, 2013

Leo's Rule

I too will regret staying up this late when my alarm sounds in a few hours! Loving your review and hopefully my next review will be as good a this one!

Are you sitting at work cross-eyed and drained? :p I'm sooooooo tired. I need to do some work, but I don't want to.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm sure your review will be lovely!

Yes' date=' wait for no one. LOL But seriously, traveling solo is fun. I'm glad I didn't let fear keep me from doing this solo cruise.

[/quote']

Did you find it hard to blend with existing groups or did you hang by yourself?

Where in Texas u from ?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Forums mobile app

Rob, did you miss part of the review? :rolleyes: :D :p I'm in Houston. Born and raised.

Did you find it hard to blend with existing groups or did you hang by yourself?

I didn't find it too hard. Meeting people from the M&G helped. There were times I ate by myself on the Lido, but if I couldn't find anywhere to sit, I'd ask could I join whomever was already there. We'd chat and that would be it.

In the club I'd be dancing by myself and sometimes I'd end up in a group dancing.

I stayed to myself the majority of the time, but I did mix and mingle. I marched to my own beat.

Edited by Leo's Rule

So far, so good! I love long reviews! Sailing on the Valor this coming Sunday! Looking forward to more of your review!:D

I know you're sailing soon. Too bad I won't be finished with all of my ports before you leave. But you will enjoy every single one of them. I'm even a convert for Barbados.

Great start to your review! Looking forward to reading more:)

Thanks, lady!

Wow. Really enjoying your review and this is just the pre-cruise part. I look forward to each step of you trip. You write with a lot of description and the photos are great. Awesome job! Thanks for posting. :cool:

Thank you. As you can see, I ramble. :D I guess that's the only child syndrome coming out in me. :rolleyes: :p

I was born in Puerto Rico and have not been there since 1998. Now i want to take a cruise there. I grew up in NYC but now live in houston.

You should definitely cruise from there. There's other parts of Puerto Rico I want to see. I'm just going to have to stay out of the touristy areas so my bank account can breathe. LOL

If you don't mind me asking, why such the long wait in returning?

Welcome to my hometown! How do you like it here? BTW, I hope you know I was only messing with you in my other response to you. I know text is cold and you don't know me from Adam, but I was just being silly.

No problem. ..love your attitude. I guess I got too busy since 1998 to go back. Heck...I finally visited statue if liberty in 2003 after living in NY 35 years. Visiting NYC and finally went to statue of liberty...lol

Yea missed that part...lol...I've been living here since 2000 when i moved from NYC.Wife is long houstonian. We live by hobby.

It's no problem. I'm on the SW side. I'm in Alief trying to get out. Alief isn't what it used to be.

Wife's eyes lit up whrn u mentioned coach outlet in PR. How much off were the prices vs malls in houston?

I'm a shopaholic and try to avoid the stores. The outlets have the purses that are out of season or not the current line. Prices range from $60 - $300.

The one I bought cost $77 or $79 with tax. They had some sale going on where purses in the bottom level of the store were 50% off. I when I say bottom, it wasn't a basement. Basically you're in the store in the first section and the purses are marked down to some price. I don't know if those were newer styles or not, but they didn't qualify for the extra 50% off. Then you walk down 4 steps (almost like a sunken living room) and there's purses, wallets, and backpacks, then you enter the area where the cashiers are and there's a plethora of purses. I wanted some of those as well, but I had to think about my luggage...and I wasn't putting that in my checked bag.

No problem. ..love your attitude. I guess I got too busy since 1998 to go back. Heck...I finally visited statue if liberty in 2003 after living in NY 35 years. Visiting NYC and finally went to statue of liberty...lol

LOL. I've been here 37 years & 18 days (LOL) and I've never been to Kemah! Shoot, I haven't been to the Space Center nor Moody Gardens.

I didn't find my way to San Antonio until 2008. (Ok, another city, not a historical place within the city).

So, I see how it can happen.

I like it in houston...cannot stand the crazy driving...lol Also, as a Rams fan in Texan country I get my share of stares...lol

Wait a minute; you lived in NY for 35 years and you say we drive crazy??? :eek: How dare you? :rolleyes: LOL I hope I haven't been one of those you talked about...though I'm rarely in your area.

Oh, and I get talked about a lot...I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan. I don't like the Texans. :eek:

LOL. I've been here 37 years & 18 days (LOL) and I've never been to Kemah! Shoot' date=' I haven't been to the Space Center nor Moody Gardens.

I didn't find my way to San Antonio until 2008. (Ok, another city, not a historical place within the city).

So, I see how it can happen.

Wait a minute; you lived in NY for 35 years and you say we drive crazy??? :eek: How dare you? :rolleyes: LOL I hope I haven't been one of those you talked about...though I'm rarely in your area.

Oh, and I get talked about a lot...I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan. I don't like the Texans. :eek:[/quote']

The way i see it...new yorkers drive crazy because they are trying to get to their 2nd/3rd jobs to pay for that high rent/mortgage. Here in houston it's because of the damn alcohol or texting....lol. NYC taxi drivers would feel right at home...lol Cowboys? Ohhhhh you get more bad looks than me. :D:D

The way i see it...new yorkers drive crazy because they are trying to get to their 2nd/3rd jobs to pay for that high rent/mortgage. Here in houston it's because of the damn alcohol or texting....lol. NYC taxi drivers would feel right at home...lol Cowboys? Ohhhhh you get more bad looks than me. :D:D

Just when I was starting to like you! LOL Cowboy Nation!!!! :D

I only text after I make sure I'm not going to spill any of my precious alcohol. LOL. I've stopped driving with my knees.

Were you warned about the criminal element in San Juan? Heard the crime there is through the roof. Also, as a dog lover...i'd want to bring back all those homeless dogs in PR.:D:D

Yes, I was warned. And I can't remember the name of the area I was warned not to venture to and as I was walking around there was an area that looked shady, but I was like, how bad can it be, Customs is right here...there should be officers all around. I did wonder if I was in that area, but I wasn't...or I hope I wasn't. :D

Maybe u mentioned this already..you have another place to see more of your cruise pics?

I didn't mention it. They are on FB; however, I am not searchable there. And currently I've been uploading select photos for the review so the photos are locked; I don't want others on my page looking at them just yet. I'm really anal and like grouping them.

Past cruise photos are posted and grouped.

That would be La Perla ;)

Yes, I was warned. And I can't remember the name of the area I was warned not to venture to and as I was walking around there was an area that looked shady, but I was like, how bad can it be, Customs is right here...there should be officers all around. I did wonder if I was in that area, but I wasn't...or I hope I wasn't. :D

I originally took this picture because the guy driving it was an elderly gentleman and the car has hydraulics; I would have had him in the picture' date=' but my camera decided to act stupid. I had to zoom in before he was out of my sight. It wasn't until I pulled the picture up on my computer that I noticed the hand and purse hanging out of the trunk and his sign that says Back from the dead! :eek:

[img']https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1186978_4753708935189_500742070_n.jpg[/img]

I've seen this car on two separate trips to San Juan this year! Did you see all the Chucky dolls in the window? I've never been able to snap a picture. He's too quick but obviously searching for attention. LOL