2014 changes?

rob&mich

I usually do a 2 day post that stretches to 3 at no charge at the IC and love the late flight. Not sure I will like the am flight - I will most likely have to spend a night at LAX but hopefully a red eye to Newark will be feasible.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

In ATN changes its flights from the current 11.55 pm flight to an earlier afternoon flight,the plane should arrive in the early evening as opposed to early morning. this means for those who arrive early we will have to arrange for another night's lodging.

I called ATN for any information and they (at least the representative I talked to ) did not know anything. I guess I will just have to wait until ATN announced the changes. I hope it is soon.

Our cruise is not until May 10th, so no rush. We already have our LAX to Papeete tickets.

I wouldn't take the chance of making that red-eye connection. Most leave between 11:00 and 12:15--not enough of a comfort zone for me as far as connection times when CBP and rechecking bags is involved.

On top of that, a 10:50am departure out of PPT would result in no connections to western cities in the Pacific/Mountain Time Zones.

The 10.50 departure time is only for some months. Other months the flight leaves at 7.50 amwhich would mean a 4 am start to the day.....

I believe the 7:50am flight is operated by Air France #77 which goes PPT-LAX-CDG.

We're coming in the day before so it doesn't really affect us, but I thought the PG left a boxed meal in the cabins of those on the late flights? Not that it's a full dinner, but it is a nice touch for those who arrive hungry.

In my documents I just received for my upcoming cruise there is a note that says if one gets to the ship late - after 10:30 there is a buffet in La Vernada.

I believe the 7:50am flight is operated by Air France #77 which goes PPT-LAX-CDG.

Sounds right--I'm booked on AF and my flight time is 7:50. It arrives at 6:50 in LAX. We've decided that if we take the red-eye we'll be zombies the next day so it's a killed day anyhow, so we're spending the night in LA and taking an 10:00 am or so flight home the next day that will get us home for late dinner and with our bodies and brains in slightly better shape.

I thought the AF doesn't end their flights until the end of 2014. Lack of competition can't be good!!! Fares are already ridiculous for the distance flown.

I had read that AF and TN applied for a joint venture service where TN would operate LAX-PPT and AF LAX-CDG. Failing that AF was in talks with DL to operate the PPT service from LAX has part of their jv.

Let see here PanAm, Continental, Qantas, Air New Zealand, UTA, and Crosair all served PPT from California in the past and no longer provides service.

We had a flight booked with ATN on My 8th (flight # 7) leaving at 11:55 pm and arriving at 6

:30 the next morning. This would give us two days to adjust to the time change before the cruise left on My 10th.

The May 8th flight was cancelled and our reservations were changed to May 7th same time and flight number. I may not want to stay in Tahiti or Moorea three days before the cruise, so will look into leaving with the flight that the other PG passengers will apparently take which leave on the day of the cruise departure. Or as an option take the midnight flight on the same day and arrive at 6:30 am on May 10th.

I want to thank this thread for alerting me to the change. The airlines did not notify me. They just confirmed when I called them.

I had read that AF and TN applied for a joint venture service where TN would operate LAX-PPT and AF LAX-CDG. Failing that AF was in talks with DL to operate the PPT service from LAX has part of their jv.

Let see here PanAm, Continental, Qantas, Air New Zealand, UTA, and Crosair all served PPT from California in the past and no longer provides service.

Not sure how it would work as a JV. AF operates flights with four classes of service while ATN operates three and with what I understand, dropping to two.

Thanks to emdee for the recommendation. I was unable to change our plane reservation to another day as ATN had only a few seats assigned for our Business tickets that we reserved with our air miles, so we will leave one day early.

As we will be in Moorea two days on the PG cruise, that means five days in total. I really have to plan ahead for maximum use. I was even thinking about getting an Air Tahiti pass and visiting other islands - just an idea.

Archived