5 bottle wine package, suggestions

I am in no way an wine expert, but I do like most wine. I like red, white, sparkling and rose.

I am going to purchase the 5 or 7 bottle gold package, and probably take two bottles of 'champagne' on.

I know each to their own, but what do you recommend? I tend to drink before and after dinner, not with my meal.

I am in no way an wine expert, but I do like most wine. I like red, white, sparkling and rose.

I am going to purchase the 5 or 7 bottle gold package, and probably take two bottles of 'champagne' on.

I know each to their own, but what do you recommend? I tend to drink before and after dinner, not with my meal.

For drinking with a robust meal (beef or lamb), we find the Shiraz and Mondavi Cab are good choices.

The above two (cab and merlot) were recommended at the specialty restaurants. Both were good but I preferred the cab. It's personal preference, however, and you have plenty of opportunity to try both.

I believe they only have 1 'standard level' package (is it just platinum now?) that they offer. At any rate, I am more of a red/dry guy. I thought the Aussieres Rouge (CabSauv) was pretty good. The Macmurray Sonoma Coast (Pinot Noir) was another. If they have a Carmenere available, give that a try. Most importantly, enjoy your cruise!

The Spy Valley Pinot noir is very good in our opinion. It is also $52 a bottle when not in the Wine Package. If you got 5 bottles of it with the package, you would save $95 over the per bottle price. The Arboleda Camenere is also good. Heven't tried the other wines in the new package.

Red and dryer wines, basically with dinner, of course a couple of glasses, befor at the D lounge. In the D lounge I drink the white Zen, it is kinda sweet and almost like an aperiteif (did I spell that right) I also cannot the reds from Le Terrible LOL

I have always liked the Cline Zen, not a heavy zen, but looking around for it on RC's website for our cruise next week I did not see it listed, I hope the have not dropped it.

Red and dryer wines, basically with dinner, of course a couple of glasses, befor at the D lounge. In the D lounge I drink the white Zen, it is kinda sweet and almost like an aperiteif (did I spell that right) I also cannot the reds from Le Terrible LOL

I have always liked the Cline Zen, not a heavy zen, but looking around for it on RC's website for our cruise next week I did not see it listed, I hope the have not dropped it.

I am all about keeping a good zen on hand. Red. White. Color me relaxed. :)

If you're in the mood for a white wine, the Aussières Blanc Chardonnay is quite pleasant. I've turned others onto this wine during a previous cruise.

This isn't listed as being in the package any longer, but someone reported on Cruise Critic that it was still available as part of the package. If you want a slightly lighter white wine, I found that I liked the Danzante Pinot Grigio.

Archived