boudicca arctic cruise march

iloveglee

Has anyone done this cruise at this time of year. we are contemplating it but wonder what the crossing of the north sea is likely to be like on this ship. clearly there is potential for quite high winds at this time of year, having sailed on much bigger ships and experiencing this type of wind the journey has been quite pleasant. boudicca looks like a smaller ship and i wonder if it is stable in high winds. really would like to do this cruise but don't want to spoil it with sea sickness. we are not especially prone to this malady but have never sailed in the north sea in what is to all intents and purposes winter. experiences and advice welcome from experienced cruisers.

Has anyone done this cruise at this time of year. we are contemplating it but wonder what the crossing of the north sea is likely to be like on this ship. clearly there is potential for quite high winds at this time of year, having sailed on much bigger ships and experiencing this type of wind the journey has been quite pleasant. boudicca looks like a smaller ship and i wonder if it is stable in high winds. really would like to do this cruise but don't want to spoil it with sea sickness. we are not especially prone to this malady but have never sailed in the north sea in what is to all intents and purposes winter. experiences and advice welcome from experienced cruisers.

We have sailed to the Arctic on Boudicca in winter. Once we had a lot of storms, the other time it was very calm. The ship was very good in the storms although, of course, there were people who were sea sick.

Once you have crossed the N Sea, you spend a lot of your time in the calm Norwegian inner-passage.

Yes once you are over it will be fine. But these smaller ships, while they move around a lot more than the biggies, do move in a regular way - if you see what I mean. I find it quite a comfortable motion once you get used to it. And blimey does it make you sleep well - oh yes.

Archived