Has anyone actually been on an official singles cruise?

elycelynne

it's my username at me dot com

(me dot com was apple.com and is now icloud.com if anyone is curious lol)

I tried sending an e-mail to myusername@me.com but it came back as undeliverable! :eek: Ha! Just sent you a e-mail entitled: Singles Cruises that has the info on all three companies. Feel free to reply with questions via e-mail since we can't mention the agencies here on CC boards!

I tried sending an e-mail to myusername@me.com but it came back as undeliverable! :eek: Ha! Just sent you a e-mail entitled: Singles Cruises that has the info on all three companies. Feel free to reply with questions via e-mail since we can't mention the agencies here on CC boards!

Funny, I could have sworn that my email address worked ;) just kidding!!

I got the email, will respond through there- thanks again!

Can you email the names to jktheangel@yahoo.com. Thank you

Jamie

Post your e-mail and I can send you the company names/ websites. I've cruised on the 2 major ones.

Do you prefer one over the other or are they pretty much the same? I went on my first singles cruise in January and I'm going on another with the other company in July (Alaska, woohoo!). And I know about the third one but I don't think it's as well-known as the big two.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Do you prefer one over the other or are they pretty much the same? I went on my first singles cruise in January and I'm going on another with the other company in July (Alaska, woohoo!). And I know about the third one but I don't think it's as well-known as the big two.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So far I like the one that starts with a S better. It seemed more organized and had more options when it came to pre-cruise, excursions, and interacting with other cruisers before the cruise. They are both fun. I will say that I did the V company over Halloween last year which had 500+ people. The one your going on will have a lot fewer people and probably be an older crowd (50+). If your on Facebook the company has a page and you can ask Kari how many people are booked, the man/ woman ratio and ask if someone has set up a "unofficial" page. I'm on the FB page so if you post your e-mail I could send you the link.

• 2 weeks later...
Did anyone ever choose the Europe cruise in Fall 2014? If so what is the main age of single group that are going usually?

The average age for all ages cruises tends to be in the 50's. I would say the median is mid to late 40's to early to mid 50's. I'm assuming that the European cruise would be more older so probably early 50's to mid 60's. There also tends to be more women than men.

The average age for all ages cruises tends to be in the 50's. I would say the median is mid to late 40's to early to mid 50's. I'm assuming that the European cruise would be more older so probably early 50's to mid 60's. There also tends to be more women than men.

Thank you for the information . The last time I went alone in 2012 it was on the Azamara Journey Club Cruises it was simply fantastic. Also the price for the cabin is fairly reduce for solo traveler. I am looking for a nice Cruise maybe also on the Silversea or Crystal I find that you get to meet people more since they are smaller ships.

Can you send that information to me as well

Silentcause@hotmail.com

Sent, I think I've seen you post before. I believe your one of the balcony lovers. FYI there is a 20's-40's cruise over Halloween on the Getaway that is no single supplement for now (solo balconies range from $1400-1800). Reply to my e-mail if your interested in that one since its not being advertised.

Sent, I think I've seen you post before. I believe your one of the balcony lovers. FYI there is a 20's-40's cruise over Halloween on the Getaway that is no single supplement for now (solo balconies range from $1400-1800). Reply to my e-mail if your interested in that one since its not being advertised.

thank you for the information I will definitely be looking into one of these hosted cruises. Yeah I am indeed a balcony lover. How many days is that holloween cruise?

thank you for the information I will definitely be looking into one of these hosted cruises. Yeah I am indeed a balcony lover. How many days is that holloween cruise?

It's a 7 day. It's not being advertised since it was set up separately for 20's-40's. If your interested in it go to NCL.com and look at the Getaway sailing for Oct. 25th for a single sailing. As of today they are still doing the "no single supplement" on that sailing. If those prices seem appealing to you call the second company on the list as they will give you the price on the site. I believe I got a M6 (mini-suite with large balcony) for $1809 solo. I also know that the first company on my list is having a 20's and 30's sailing on the Carnival Glory next March and solo balconies on that are at $1400 (I haven't booked that one yet). If you end up booking the NCL one I'll see you on board!

I would like to weigh in here. I have been on a couple singles cruises with SC and loved them. The frst one was a NYE cruise and I did not know what to expect and was really surprised. It opens up a whole new world of travel, the people you meet on one of them are from all walks of life and in similiar situations. A majority of the people just love to travel and their friend back home are married with kids or otherwise detained. They have discovered this group and like myself have made lifetime friends from all over the world because of it.

The individual that referred to them as rough looking, etc. sounds like an uninformed and judgmental, do not listen to those people, if you do , you won't every try anything new.

As far as the new guy/company goes, I had him as a host but haven't cruised with his new company yet. I will probably sail with him for New Years this year if it works out that I can take a vacation then.

On a side note, I am working on a travel paper for my non-fiction wrtiting class at KU and singles cruises is what I am covering.

I would like to weigh in here. I have been on a couple singles cruises with SC and loved them. The frst one was a NYE cruise and I did not know what to expect and was really surprised. It opens up a whole new world of travel, the people you meet on one of them are from all walks of life and in similiar situations. A majority of the people just love to travel and their friend back home are married with kids or otherwise detained. They have discovered this group and like myself have made lifetime friends from all over the world because of it.

The individual that referred to them as rough looking, etc. sounds like an uninformed and judgmental, do not listen to those people, if you do , you won't every try anything new.

As far as the new guy/company goes, I had him as a host but haven't cruised with his new company yet. I will probably sail with him for New Years this year if it works out that I can take a vacation then.

On a side note, I am working on a travel paper for my non-fiction wrtiting class at KU and singles cruises is what I am covering.

If you try the new company let us know. Seems like the guy running he new one is very polarizing people either loved him or hated him (he was a host on my first cruise and I was indifferent towards him). As far as your side note goes I just hope you know that KU is scared to play Wichita State in college basketball :p

im 30 ...been cruising since 2008......

booked a singles cruise on SC but now im reading that one hosts mostly for 50's....

mind you im not going to hook up i just want to go and have fun, but it would be nice to meet people closer to my age

Not sure which one you booked but the other company is hosting a 20's to 40's cruise on the NCL Getaway over Halloween. There is currently a no singles supplement on that sailing and I think 175 people booked. You'll need to call the other company to book that cruise as its not listed on their site.

Not sure which one you booked but the other company is hosting a 20's to 40's cruise on the NCL Getaway over Halloween. There is currently a no singles supplement on that sailing and I think 175 people booked. You'll need to call the other company to book that cruise as its not listed on their site.

Are there any major differences between the 2 companies? I know that one charges an extra fee on top of the normal booking, but the other doesn't. Do both have cocktail parties, mixers, name-tags, etc?

For me it's a toss up between the Allure or Getaway for Halloween. Considering the fact there's no single supplement currently for the Getaway, I think that will probably be my choice. Although the Allure does look pretty awesome.

Are there any major differences between the 2 companies? I know that one charges an extra fee on top of the normal booking, but the other doesn't. Do both have cocktail parties, mixers, name-tags, etc?

For me it's a toss up between the Allure or Getaway for Halloween. Considering the fact there's no single supplement currently for the Getaway, I think that will probably be my choice. Although the Allure does look pretty awesome.

They both operate the same way. Both normally get a "group" rate that is slightly higher than a regular booking. However since the Getaway is not an "official" cruise they are charging whatever is on the NCL site. The NCL will still have cocktail parties, mixers and name tags. I think SC is is slightly more organized but the one I went with them only had 100 people compared to 600 on the Oasis over Halloween last year. I was booked on the Allure this year until the break off group announced the Getaway. Here are some pro's and cons to both sailings from my point of view:

Allure:

Pros: Bigger ship, probably will be better organized, Halloween is on a sea day and you get a day on board after, RCL has lots more pools and 24 hour hot tubs.

Cons: Older crowd, more expensive.

Getaway:

Newer ship, cheaper, crowd guaranteed to be in your age range, pre party in south beach at Clevlender, will be much more of a roaming party for 7 days.

Cons: Only one pool on the Getaway, Halloween is the last day of the cruise and disembark the next morning.

I personally know about 6 people on the Getaway and I know that the crowd will be more entertaining on that one than the Allure and there is a real possibility that the Getaway will have more bookings than the Allure so that's why I made my choice. If you have any questions or any thing like that just post on here or e-mail me at atakpajr@hotmail.com

Getaway:

Newer ship, cheaper, crowd guaranteed to be in your age range, pre party in south beach at Clevlender, will be much more of a roaming party for 7 days.

Thanks for the info. The Getaway definitely sounds like what I'm looking for. I'm not too concerned about the last night being Halloween. By the end of a week long cruise I'll be shot and my liver will need a break anyway:)

That Getaway trip looks awesome, Does that company usually have a fairly balanced group as far as male/female?

If WSU wants to play the Jayhawks or Wildcats they need to step up to the Big 12.