Best Nassau Dolphin Interaction?

absolutonrox

My wife and I are taking our first cruise ever next year. We will be in Nassau in late March. I'd like to do some kind of dolphin interaction excursion with my wife and another couple going with us. Where can I get the best deal/excursion (sailing RCI). We also have another day in Coco Cay, would I have better luck with dolphins over there as opposed to Nassau?

My friend and I did the Blue Lagoon (Nassau) Dolphin Encounter/"Swim" in 2011 as part of our Bahamas cruise. It was a wonderful experience! Not cheap, but animal encounters usually aren't cheap. Fun boat ride over to Blue Lagoon, brief history of Blue Lagoon and the animals there...then the groups were split and taken to their various "encounters". I splurged and paid extra for video and pictures (they ask you up front if you want these). I think because we said we wanted them, we got a bit more time of interaction with the dolphins. The guides were fun and funny and the dolphins are just fun amazing creatures. We danced, hugged, kissed and gave belly rubs. Encounter finishes with a dolphin "push" vs an actual swim across the lagoon. Two dolphins push their noses on the back of your feet and propel you across the lagoon. It was a blast. Can't say how the experience is at Atlantis, but I would highly recommend Blue Lagoon.

My friend and I did the Blue Lagoon (Nassau) Dolphin Encounter/"Swim" in 2011 as part of our Bahamas cruise. It was a wonderful experience! Not cheap' date=' but animal encounters usually aren't cheap. Fun boat ride over to Blue Lagoon, brief history of Blue Lagoon and the animals there...then the groups were split and taken to their various "encounters". I splurged and paid extra for video and pictures (they ask you up front if you want these). I think because we said we wanted them, we got a bit more time of interaction with the dolphins. The guides were fun and funny and the dolphins are just fun amazing creatures. We danced, hugged, kissed and gave belly rubs. Encounter finishes with a dolphin "push" vs an actual swim across the lagoon. Two dolphins push their noses on the back of your feet and propel you across the lagoon. It was a blast. Can't say how the experience is at Atlantis, but I would highly recommend Blue Lagoon.[/quote']

Most people feel that Blue Lagoon has a better (and cheaper) program. It's in a beautiful natural setting.. not a manmade pool.

www.dolphinencounters.com

Coco Cay doesn't have any dolphin interactions.

Blue Lagoon has two different dolphin programs, the dolphin swim and the dolphin encounter. With the swim, you are in deep water with a life jacket and there is a foot push at the end. With the encounter, you are on a platform in shallow water. Here is a link to the animal programs: http://www.dolphinencounters.com/programs-all.php

We did the encounter because it was quite a bit cheaper than the swim. It was great. We also enjoyed the ferry ride to the island and watching the sea lions playing. Blue Lagoon is a beautiful island.

We haven't done a dolphin interaction with Atlantis, so I can't compare.

We are going on the Breakaway the first week in December and will be in port 10 to 6. Has anyone had any experiance booking directly with "Dolphin Encounters" instead of booking through Norwegion? The price difference is pretty significant.

• 3 weeks later...
My friend and I did the Blue Lagoon (Nassau) Dolphin Encounter/"Swim" in 2011 as part of our Bahamas cruise. It was a wonderful experience! Not cheap' date=' but animal encounters usually aren't cheap. Fun boat ride over to Blue Lagoon, brief history of Blue Lagoon and the animals there...then the groups were split and taken to their various "encounters". I splurged and paid extra for video and pictures (they ask you up front if you want these). I think because we said we wanted them, we got a bit more time of interaction with the dolphins. The guides were fun and funny and the dolphins are just fun amazing creatures. We danced, hugged, kissed and gave belly rubs. Encounter finishes with a dolphin "push" vs an actual swim across the lagoon. Two dolphins push their noses on the back of your feet and propel you across the lagoon. It was a blast. Can't say how the experience is at Atlantis, but I would highly recommend Blue Lagoon.[/quote']

do you recall about how much was the pictures and video?

Archived