Dinner

Dunns river

Occasionally an item or two, but not a real representation of what is on the dinner menu.

The buffet usually has 3 entrees (chicken, fish, beef) with a carving station that rotates turkey, roast, ham. Several sides and usually a soup.

Just posted this in another thread.

I always eat in the MDR. I'd read here that there were often some of the same items available on the buffet.

I tried an experiment in May. I'd go to the buffet when it opened and get a few bites of my "usual" favorites (if available) thinking I'd order something different for dinner that I'd been wanting to try.

Well, the few items I had may have been labeled the same as on the regular menu, but I assure you they were NOT prepared the same way. And none were even close to being as good.

So I wonder how many of those who complain about the food are eating on the buffet rather than the MDR. It's just not the same.

I always eat in the MDR. I'd read here that there were often some of the same items available on the buffet.

So I wonder how many of those who complain about the food are eating on the buffet rather than the MDR. It's just not the same.

I only eat in the MDR. I am not a fast food person. I do not go on vacation to eat at McDonalds. I have no trouble dressing for meals anymore than I do when going out to eat.

MDR food is 10x better.

On my last cruise, they had seafood Newberg on the buffet when we walked through at 6:30. It looked indescribable. When we went to 8:15 late dining in the MDR, they had seafood Newberg on the menu. Our tablemate ordered it and I just thought what a horrible meal she was going to have. It looked totally different and delicious. She loved it and made me wish I had ordered it.

Archived