So frustrating booking online!

NoobCruise

I'm sure this has been posted a million times, but I'm just blowing off a rant. I've been trying to do dummy bookings on Celebrity's site to price various cabins. It's extremely annoying that after selecting the category, they "suggest" one specific cabin instead of showing you a selection that are available so you can choose where you want. I'm looking at Feb or March of 2015 so it's not that they're already booked.

I gave up trying to use their website and went to one of the mass travel sites, which would give me a whole selection of available cabins in that category, all flashing on the deck plan so I can see exactly where it's at, what's in the vicinity, what's above and below, AND I can choose which deck I want so I don't end up over the nightclub or under the pool.

Why can't Celebrity fix their site to make it more user friendly??? (Not expecting an answer there, just expressing frustration lol)

OK rant over lol

Oh, while I'm here, a quick question. I was looking at the class 2 Concierge cabins on the hump on the Eclipse. Are those balconies slightly larger than the other concierge cabins? Can the balconies that are not on the hump see people sitting on the hump balconies? Thanks!

When you get to the cabin they are suggesting, you have underneath 'view all options' or something similar. You can then type the specific cabin no you are looking for in a box at the top, and it will show if it is available and the cost.

Hope this helps

Lou

Absolutely agree with you! My husband thinks Celebrity actually WANTS you to book with a TA....which makes no sense to me... I've now noticed that instead of giving you the breakdown of balcony cabins from FV to 2D....if you select "Balcony" they pop up with a cabin they say is the "best" and at least on Solstice class...what they call "best" is an obstructed balcony! I understand if they said "least expensive" but "best?"

Well well well......

Things that are FREE are not perfect. :D

That comment doesn't even make sense. You're suggesting that in order to see a list of different cabins available in a category on the Celebrity site, I should have to pay? I don't think so. Every other cruise line has no problem with their site showing you a whole selection of available options. Even the online travel sites have no problem showing you available options for Celebrity. If an outside company can do it for the cruise dates I'm looking at, then Celebrity should be able to. That's just common sense and good cutomer service.

Type in the cabin you want. The site will tell you if it is available. If it is not, try choice #2.

I am not sure if any website or travel agent will be able to give you a list of every single available cabin.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so glad I've seen this thread! I've been trying to book particular concierge class cabins. I typed in the cabin number, had several saying already booked, then found one that wasn't. Hit select and get asked if I want to upgrade to Concierge class...confused as I assumed if I've selected a C2 that I am already in conceirge class???

Anyway, said yes to upgrade and got a totaqlly different cabin at different price. If I say no to upgrade, I get the room I had chosen at the price it displayed but am I concierge or not? Can you have a concierge room without being concierge class? I don't get it!

This is only my 2nd cruise, and last time we went standard via a TA.

Will ring X tomorrow but if any of you good folk can explain it before then (and taking advantage of the UK/US time difference) I'd love to feel less of a numpty!

Archived