Boat rental

jackson bernard

I don't know what the "best" place is, but ones that get recommended all the time are:

Aquatic Bermuda

Somerset Watersports

H2O Watersports.

I have booked with somerset, because we are doing a jet ski tour as well, but other than that, my inclination would be to go with Aquatic Bermuda.

I don't know what the "best" place is, but ones that get recommended all the time are:

Aquatic Bermuda

Somerset Watersports

H2O Watersports.

I have booked with somerset, because we are doing a jet ski tour as well, but other than that, my inclination would be to go with Aquatic Bermuda.

Didn't care to read that Aquatic requires a 48 hours notice for cancellations on weekdays. Website is out dated.

Like H20 Watersports as it is closer to the ship with 17 foot Whalers but no online reservations from what I saw. No cell phone in case of problems provided with boat.

Thus, probably going to book with Somerset Watersports for the second day of our stay and cancel when we arrive in Bermuda if weather looks poor. Online reservations with confirmation.

As for reserving ahead of time. I am. Scooter. I am not as they seem to be readily available.

Going on a cruise to bermuda and want to rent a small motor boat for the day. Where is the best place and do I have to make reservations ahead of time?

I would highly recommend either H2O or SBWS, both are very good. If you don't have a phone SBWS provides one. I like H2O because they are located in Mangrove Bay which is closer to where we like to be. But either are great. I would reserve ahead of time, we called H2O because we were renting an apt on the island but here is their e-mail address -

H20 -

h2osportsbermuda@yahoo.com

This is the best way to see the West End of the island, great day!

Do you think its better to go on an excursion where they tell you what your looking at or just circle the island on our own in of those small boats? If the sea is too rough do you think I will puke all over?

.....if you are comfortable boating around by yourselves then do that, if not, do an excursion.

And as far as your second question, how can anyone answer that?

:confused:

wasiii

Do you think its better to go on an excursion where they tell you what your looking at or just circle the island on our own in of those small boats? If the sea is too rough do you think I will puke all over?

You cannot "circle the island on your own". The rental boats are fairly restricted on where they can go, mostly the northwest part of the island, I believe. South of the island are where the dangerous reefs are.

The operator will show you where not to go, you can spend all your time between the Somerset Bridge area and King's Wharf and in the harbor or the open sea and have a great day. There are no limits in that area so you have alot of coastline to explore. The boats are flat-bottomed and very stable, and they will inform you on the sea condition that day and where you may want to go and also where to beach for a picnic - or just pick your own private island beach.

It's a very enjoyable, laid back way to see the beauty of the West End. The water was very smooth when we were there in May. We also took a jet ski tour and that was very rough in some areas.

Heck, you could even pick up the boat and pick up your girl at the marina by the cruise ship if you want to do something unique! Rent 4 hrs at H2O and the 5th is free if that promotion is going when you're there.

Archived