Yacht Club rooms

ceetee

Looking at the deck plans for the Divina, there are 4 Yacht Club suites that are short and squatty. 15030-15033 & 16032-16035. The balcony looks wider. Does anyone know the difference in layout in these rooms compared to all the rest?

They are not handicap rooms. They are larger than the standard Yacht Club Suite category. Their size are 33 sqm bit against 28 sqm for the standard YC1 categori. I've cruised twice in them on the Divina and they are very roomy and comfortably. The balcony is bigger. And the the prize is the same.

Here some photos I took:

150302_zpsf7a35bb0.jpg

DSC00946.jpg

DSC00947.jpg

Edited by Norwegian Cruiser 73

Looking at the deck plans for the Divina, there are 4 Yacht Club suites that are short and squatty. 15030-15033 & 16032-16035. The balcony looks wider. Does anyone know the difference in layout in these rooms compared to all the rest?

You mean 15028-31.

They are not handicap rooms. They are larger than the standard Yacht Club Suite category. Their size are 33 sqm bit against 28 sqm for the standard YC1 categori. I've cruised twice in them on the Divina and they are very roomy and comfortably. The balcony is bigger. And the the prize is the same.

Here some photos I took:

150302_zpsf7a35bb0.jpg

DSC00946.jpg

DSC00947.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, the room looks great. My agent thought the rooms were the same sq ft/m but I didn't think it looked that way. We did have one booked until it got messed up yesterday when I wanted to take advantage of the 3 day onboard credit deal. They wouldn't give us the same room back since it had to be rebooked. Bummer!

I have the greatest TA and she worked hard to get our room back and DID!!

Yeah.

Norwegiancruiser73 - Do you have more pictures you can post of the other side of the room and bathroom. Much appreciated if you do.

Follow up question regarding YC...

I'm booked YC for my honeymoon cruise this December.

I was looking at the special services packages and saw there was one called Deluxe Bon Voyage which includes:

1 bottle of dry sparkling wine, one tray of canapé served in cabin at the embarkation together with Captain's welcome letter, fresh fruit basket in cabin every day, invitation for a dedicated VIP cocktail for $60/per package.

(There is also a "VIP Treatment" that includes a bottle of asti spumante & fruit basket for less money, but not sure if it would be there upon embarkation.)

Is this worth it to get as a special touch upon embarkation? I know beverages and such are inclusive in YC (for the most part) so is it redundant to book this package as a surprise for my partner upon entering our suite? I believe we also get complimentary room service, which I would assume fruit if we wanted it. I just would love to be able to have something pre-ordered special for us, so if an alternative is available I would love to know! Thanks for any insight on this first-time cruiser!

I was looking at the special services packages and saw there was one called Deluxe Bon Voyage which includes:

1 bottle of dry sparkling wine, one tray of canapé served in cabin at the embarkation together with Captain's welcome letter, fresh fruit basket in cabin every day, invitation for a dedicated VIP cocktail for $60/per package.

(There is also a "VIP Treatment" that includes a bottle of asti spumante & fruit basket for less money, but not sure if it would be there upon embarkation.)

Is this worth it to get as a special touch upon embarkation? I know beverages and such are inclusive in YC (for the most part) so is it redundant to book this package as a surprise for my partner upon entering our suite? I believe we also get complimentary room service, which I would assume fruit if we wanted it. I just would love to be able to have something pre-ordered special for us, so if an alternative is available I would love to know! Thanks for any insight on this first-time cruiser!

In YC there is a welcome package waiting for you in the cabin. Consist of a sparkling wine, fruitbasket and a letter from the captain. The fruit basket will be refilled the whole week. All this is included:) :)

The YC is a very special cruise experience, perfect for your honeymoon:)

• 4 months later...

There will be snacks and canape items in the Top Sail Lounge. (From breakfast - after dinner) Your butler will bring you a tray if you ask him/her or you can just go in and plate up what you want to take back to your cabin. The items in your mini bar will be restocked as you use them. We even had an extra bottle of Presecco in ours. The YC is a great experience and you will really enjoy it for your honeymoon.

I also believe there was a special get together for honeymooners on our cruise in December.

If you have more questions about the YC, just ask away.

Edited by Cruisergal1208

Would have liked one of these cabins but are maximum capacity of 3 according to MSC. You would think these bigger would be better set up for 4.

The balcony is not really bigger per se but longer. The pics that Skier posts show the same furniture as the standard yc balconies and no lounger. Still more room to spread out is always nice.

I think these are great choices of cabins.

• 4 weeks later...