I Think My PCC Fired Me

doberlady

Unfortunately I had to cancel my cruise for Novemeber.

My PCC was not available when I called so I canceled with someone at the 800 number.

I never heard from my PCC again. Now I am getting calls from a new PCC who has been assigned to me.

Has anyone ever had that happen????

Are you sure that your previous PCC is still working with NCL? I've seen more than few mentions about people being surprised after getting new PCCs because the one that they previously worked with is no longer with the company.

I had to chuckle a little.

But just think, if your PCC doesn't want to work with you, then YOU definitely don't want to work with them.

Maybe the new one will be the best you've worked with!

In all my Cruises with NCL I never used my PCC. Is there really any benefit in using them over just calling the 800 number?

Only major thing I can think of is the ability to email someone directly (that's big for us because of the time difference and costly overseas calling). Also some PCCs might go the extra mile for their long time clients and keep their eye on things like promos etc.

In all my Cruises with NCL I never used my PCC. Is there really any benefit in using them over just calling the 800 number?

Yes, they get to know you and your likes and dislikes. Mine has my records on her computer. Once I bypassed her by accident and she was not all that happy because she had to then retrieve that info from someone else and have it assigned to her.

The higher latitudes level you are, the more they look out for you. Theyll give you discounts and sales and call you up with info. I can email her at any point and get a response. Quite a few times shes called me with price drops and sales.

Thank you for your feedback. I guess one reason I don't use mine could be that I don't even know who mine is. I never heard from him / her and I am almost at the Plantium level. I just find it quick and easy to call the 800 number. Hearing your feedback if my PCC reaches out to me during my planning of my 2014 Breakawy Haven stay I will use him / her.

I like to deal via email too

It has actually benefited me a lot as my PCC would email one thing and then deny saying it.................

I wish mine would fire me....he is most unhelpful and my getaway cruise I specifically booked through the 800 number just to get helpful people....

I have had a very good experience with my PCC of the past two years but a strange thing happened today.

I got a call from the FLA phone number that I now know to be NCL, and it was a different PCC calling to say that he saw I was on the NCL website looking at cruises for next summer and he wanted to see if he could help. I explained that I already had a PCC (who must still be there because I've spoken with him twice in the past three days!) and that I already have a cruise booked next summer!

He apologized etc, but I thought it odd that I got a random call from a random PCC after only going on the website to explore switching next summers' cruise from the Gem to the Jade. I guess when one explores on the NCL website it automatically alerts personnel in the PCC department to reach out...but I'm already connected (3 prior cruises, 1 booked, and 2 FCC's).

Like I said...odd.

Mine may have retired? I have had recent calls from someone else.

In June, we decided to book Epic for December and I emailed her (as I have before) No response.

Before I tried to figure out who else had been calling me I received an email from one of our airlines. On follow-up, they had a better rate than I saw on NCL.com.

I will say that our PCC had not really provided anything "extra" for us. I had previously thought that other agencies could not actually provide lower rates. I thought that they could only offer additional perks. So, now I know to check both NCL.com and other rates on-line.

Who needs a PCC if there is no benefit?

I had used a PCC to make 2 reservations back in March. I contacted her to see about changing to a suite for our August cruise and she was unavailable. I contacted one of the #'s she left and the man was very helpful in getting my room changed. Never did hear from the original PCC again so I don't know if she even is aware I switched.

Previous PCC left the company and I got who I got by calling her old #.

I've also booked thru online TA. REally didn't notice any differences except the online TA had cancellation or change charges where NCL doesn't.

Mine hasn't even answered my last e mail(make that 3.) The only time she answers me is if I'm inquiring about a new cruise. I'm wondering if they only get commission when you book a new cruise with them.This time I booked online, but had trouble paying online. I e mailed her to ask if she could ring me so I could pay over the phone-I never heard back after 3 e mails. I also wanted to discuss cabins-I never heard back. Maybe I will request a new one.

My PCC is awesome. We have been using her for as long as we have been cruising (about 5 years). I like using a PCC because if I think of something to ask or need I can email her anytime day or night and know that she will answer me ASAP, and beleive me I think of things in the middle of the night LOL She is the best!!:p

I wish mine would fire me....he is most unhelpful and my getaway cruise I specifically booked through the 800 number just to get helpful people....

You can fire your PCC. You just call the 800 number, ask for a manager and tell them your PCC is not helpful and you would like to be reassigned.

This is also the way to get a PCC if you believe you dont have one.

I have had a very good experience with my PCC of the past two years but a strange thing happened today.

I got a call from the FLA phone number that I now know to be NCL, and it was a different PCC calling to say that he saw I was on the NCL website looking at cruises for next summer and he wanted to see if he could help. I explained that I already had a PCC (who must still be there because I've spoken with him twice in the past three days!) and that I already have a cruise booked next summer!

He apologized etc, but I thought it odd that I got a random call from a random PCC after only going on the website to explore switching next summers' cruise from the Gem to the Jade. I guess when one explores on the NCL website it automatically alerts personnel in the PCC department to reach out...but I'm already connected (3 prior cruises, 1 booked, and 2 FCC's).

Like I said...odd.

Just curious, were you signed into your "MY NCL" account when you were searching? That kind of creeps me out.

We have been blessed with a great PCC from the start. She has been helpful in making multiple changes for us as rates went down. We made at least 3. She even gave me her cell number one time to text her info, she was trying to help us from the hospital when her friend was there. Talk about above and beyond!

Just curious, were you signed into your "MY NCL" account when you were searching? That kind of creeps me out.

We have been blessed with a great PCC from the start. She has been helpful in making multiple changes for us as rates went down. We made at least 3. She even gave me her cell number one time to text her info, she was trying to help us from the hospital when her friend was there. Talk about above and beyond!

I have a wonderful PCC, but I had something odd happen a month ago. Last January, I booked cabins for several family members. My aunt, who is in early stages of Alzheimer's and does not own a computer, was one of the people on the cruise. Anyway, one day after I was looking on the NCL site for future cruise ideas, I received a call. The guy said he was calling for my aunt and was her new PCC. He said he "noticed" she had been on-line looking at cruises and wanted to help her book if she was ready. My aunt lives in Florida and I live in Texas. She was not on-line, I was...in Texas. I explained to the caller that my aunt was not on-line, did not own or know how to use a computer, and has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I asked her to be removed from his calling list. He was apologetic, but geesh, that is kind of creepy!

I received a call from a NCL PCC today. My daughter and I have been on the NCL site often in the past few days and have just booked a cruise so I was not surprised to see NCL on my caller ID. But it was interesting that she wanted to speak with my husband. I asked why and she said that he had not cruised with NCL recently and wanted to let him know about upcoming specials. OK.............but I did have to tell her that my husband last cruised on the Spirit in 2010 and died on the Spirit. Everyone on the Spirit was outstanding and I have nothing but praise for them. But I guess corporate doesn't keep up with that end. She really was a nice person and we will contact her if needed. All unintentional, but a bit strange for DD and myself.

I have a wonderful PCC, but I had something odd happen a month ago. Last January, I booked cabins for several family members. My aunt, who is in early stages of Alzheimer's and does not own a computer, was one of the people on the cruise. Anyway, one day after I was looking on the NCL site for future cruise ideas, I received a call. The guy said he was calling for my aunt and was her new PCC. He said he "noticed" she had been on-line looking at cruises and wanted to help her book if she was ready. My aunt lives in Florida and I live in Texas. She was not on-line, I was...in Texas. I explained to the caller that my aunt was not on-line, did not own or know how to use a computer, and has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I asked her to be removed from his calling list. He was apologetic, but geesh, that is kind of creepy!

OK, so how did he get this info? WHere you signed in? Does anyone know how this happens?

Archived