Promenade staterooms on oasis

We're considering going on Oasis in December 2014. We want to try a stateroom facing the promenade. About how many staterooms are there? I thought I read somewhere there are only 70. From pictures it looks like more than that, is that correct? If there are only 70 then I should book it soon.

We're considering going on Oasis in December 2014. We want to try a stateroom facing the promenade. About how many staterooms are there? I thought I read somewhere there are only 70. From pictures it looks like more than that, is that correct? If there are only 70 then I should book it soon.

I think there are fewer than 70. I may be looking at the wrong thing, but it looks like there are only 18 staterooms that look onto the Promenade.

If you've had a Promenade stateroom on a Voyager or Freedom class ship, I'm afraid you might be disappointed with one on Oasis. There are only a few of them in one section of the Royal Promenade. Also, because Central Park is on deck 8, you're right up at the ceiling, so part of the view you get looking out the window is of the lighting and structures of the Royal Promenade ceiling.

This is the view from cabin 7197 on Allure of the Seas:

normal_DSCF0437%7E0.JPG

Here you can see the lighting at the top of the picture and there's also a platform to the right.

Here's a view slightly to the left and lowered so as not to get the lights:

normal_DSCF0438%7E0.JPG

If a Promenade cabin is new for you, then it's definitely something worth trying. It's otherwise a neat cabin and there's some potential for people watching which can be fun.

Thanks for your replies. Yes we've always had an oceanview cabin and once a balcony and wanted to try something new. We didn't want a total inside cabin because I would feel too closed in but overlooking the promenade and people watching might be neat!

Thanks for your replies. Yes we've always had an oceanview cabin and once a balcony and wanted to try something new. We didn't want a total inside cabin because I would feel too closed in but overlooking the promenade and people watching might be neat!

There are also a few Boardwalk View staterooms, aft on deck 7

Archived