Celebrity Summit: Do we need our own beach towels for Bermuda?

jax430

My sister asked me if we need to pack our own beach towels for Bermuda. I was only planning on packing them for my toddler. Do you take towels from the ship, or are they available at Horseshoe Bay? Thanks!

Towels from the ship they will be left in your room the night before you dock and exchanged daily by your cabin steward each night. They are not huge though. If you want a big one to sit on you can pack one but you don't need to.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Hi, just off Summit to Bermuda and you will be supplied beach towels.

Celebrity supplies them on every cruise that has any kind of beach

ports on the itinerary:)

I think they are plenty large enough:)

Never had an issue. I've also taken an extra pool towel with us. On the Summit last year the collect the wet sandy towels prior to entering the ship and clean ones appeared in our cabin each night for the next day.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Never had an issue. I've also taken an extra pool towel with us. On the Summit last year the collect the wet sandy towels prior to entering the ship and clean ones appeared in our cabin each night for the next day.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thankfully I have not either but have heard other people we have encountered on sailings saying they had.

I've never bothered to bring our own towels. Special beach towels (large thick nice ones) are left in the cabin before all days when we're at a port with beaches. If our steward forgets to leave them or we need extras we just ask and get them right away.

I like to take our own inexpenisve towels and leave them in the cabin when we leave. When we go to a beach off the ship, I don't have to worry about someone taking them and my having to pay for them when I disembark.

I see you've been on over 20 cruises based on the ship listing in your signature. Even with inexpensive cheap towel's I'm guessing you've paid many times the cost of a "lost" towel charge from the ship if you bring bring your own then leave them behind when you disembark on every cruise. Personally, we've never had an issue with these and never been charged and don't personally know anyone who has ever had such an issue.

Another benefit to using the ship's towels is that you'll have nice clean fresh towels each day you need to use them. When we return to the ship we just leave the dirty/wet towels on the bathroom floor and the steward takes them to be laundered and returns fresh ones for the next beach day.

Archived