a question about limo service to the pier

donna915

actually my question is about car service FROM the cruise, not TO the cruise. Since arrival time on return is 7 AM but it could be hours till your color is called to disembark, how do you know what time to request a pickup from the limo service? We've always driven ourselves and parked, but this time we'll have too many people to fit in one car and we were thinking of hiring a van service. thanks for any advice you can offer!

donna5, CaptData asked you some good questions but let me see if I can give you a what if:

It sounds like you may live near the dock as you wrote you usually drive yourself so if that is the case you won't have a flight to catch? Just set up a time with the service and put that time down on the form you fill out and turn in while on the cruise. The ship does its best trying to group your color to the time you need to be off. We have had 3 of 4 work for us. Usually the service will be waiting for you and if you have a cell phone give them that number and get theirs.

thanks for the answer. Yes, Catmand, you are correct, we will have no flight to catch. We live in NJ and have always been last off the ship because we don't have a flight to catch. Was wondering how to know what time to tell the limo service to arrive. But thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

You can give the limo service an estimate of the time but they will often suggest to you that they call them (if you have a cell phone) at a designated point for the desembarkation, such as when you get to the baggage area. They can estimate how long it takes and will tell you when and where to meet you at that port.

Take a cll phone and call the driver when you are stepping off the ship. By the time you go through customs and get luggage etc. the limo should be outside waiting. ALways being the last off a ship the time was before 10:30. You will be safe with a time between 9-10

Which cruise line? On the Carnival Valor(not sure if they do this on all Carnival ships), they now let you walk off with your own bags before all the "colors"...its a struggle to haul all the stuff, but our limo was waiting practically at the ramp of the terminal and we were out of the port by 7:30 am....that was the best thing I can think of about taking Carnival...

Archived