Cabin 8526 IOS

Hello,

Has anyone stayed in this cabin? Googled some reviews that state the actual cabin is 25% larger than other cabin sizes. Has anyone stayed in rooms nearby and experience too much ship motion? Anchor noise?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks!

8526 is a D2 balcony category stateroom. All D category staterooms are the same size (199 sq.ft.). They are however larger than the E balcony category staterooms (184 sq. ft.) - but this would not be 25% larger.

Not sure what the reference is being made in comparison to, but it would be incorrect if it is implying that this particular stateroom is larger than others in the same category. (Aft facing staterooms within the same category typically are larger than the others, however, but that would not apply to 8526).

Forward on the ship - which is where this stateroom is - will be more prone to feeling the ship's motion than, for instance, mid-ship locations.

You will hear no anchor noise as you are too high above them. Anchors are rarely used other than at tendering ports of call anyway. The more common noise that can be heard is with the bow thrusters, which are used at docking. But that too will not be heard by you as that is typically only experienced on the lowest, most forward passenger decks.

Thanks leaveitallbehind.

Good to know about the anchors and bow thrusters. I think my only concern now is the movement we may or may not experience. Will post another thread on this!

There is never any guarantee on how rough the seas will be, or how an individual will be affected by any motion. The ships are we'll stabilized and do a good job at minimizing any motion. But the forward locations are the most susceptible to this and if that would be a concern, then looking for a more mid-ship or aft location may be something to consider. Lower decks tend to feel less motion as well.

This is cabin 9528 on IOS. So 1 deck up from 8526 and 1 stateroom further down. This is a D1 category stateroom.

No noise whatsoever can be heard in this cabin. On rough seas you can feel the motion but I don't know how bad it is compare to mid or aft staterooms.

IMG_0001.jpg.66777d4a470105d59d487e31f3f63d6f.jpg

Thanks for the pic sky0000547. It appears that this cabin has a couple of positives going -- views and quiet. I guess our only concern now is the movement.

On these bigger class ships...movement is far less in play than smaller ships - they have stablizers and are also so big...they're effected much less just on the bases of size.

The balcony cabin in the D1 Deluxe size is good (184 sr ft.). If you want the max size balcony class....pick a D2 Superior Balcony cabin (199 sq ft.).

On these bigger class ships...movement is far less in play than smaller ships - they have stablizers and are also so big...they're effected much less just on the bases of size.

The balcony cabin in the D1 Deluxe size is good (184 sr ft.). If you want the max size balcony class....pick a D2 Superior Balcony cabin (199 sq ft.).

Incorrect. Per my prior post, all D category cabins are the same size at 199 sq. ft. (on IOS) - D1 or D2, and both are called "Superior".

The 184 sq. ft. (on IOS) you refer to is for the E category, and is called "Deluxe".

Check the RCI website.

Leaveitallbehind noticed the inaccuracy too. D1 and D2 are both Superior Ocean View. I believe the difference is that D1 has a sofa bed so effectively can sleep more than 2 in the cabin.

Archived