Port tours for Oceania cruise, Cultural Connoisseur

chico gal

We probably do not because we'd have to go to your itinerary and check it out. Without specific information about the cruise you're talking about, we can't do that. You are better off finding the Roll Call for this cruise.

BUT ... many will advise you to look into private tours as opposed to ship's tours (and in that case you should also find the Roll Call for your cruise).

There are reasons why many people take ship's tours, but they are more expensive and more crowded. We tend to do a mix of both. DH likes the security of ship's tours, I don't like the crowds or the uncomfortable buses. Also, the lack of time to do what I want when.

Many people feel safer with a ship's tour, and certainly if you are late getting back on a ship's tour, the ship won't leave without you ... which it might do if you are on a private tour.

So you have to decide what you want to do. Taking a series of ship's tours DOES give you a discount on the rate.

There are those on CC who will say that all ship's tours are horrible. I don't say that. For the most part, we've had very good (often excellent) ship's tours. For me the problem is that there are just too many people on the bus and usually there is a couple who can never return to the bus on time. But for the most part we've had very good to excellent guides on ship's tours. A few have been poor, but that really hasn't been typical.

Maybe we were lucky, or maybe it's because we do take more private tours than ship's tours.

Not sure this helps, I'm just trying to be a devil's advocate!

Mura

Does anyone have info on private port tours for Cultural Connoisseur with Oceania? Tour starts London and ends in Barcelona. Brussels, Paris, Bordeaux, Lisbon, etc. etc.

Thanks, chico gal

I see that this is only your third posting, WELCOME TO CRUISE CRITIC!!! :D

As you are so new, you may be unaware that these Forums have a specific Board on which passengers who are sailing together may network and share tour information.

Go to the Oceania Roll Call Forum here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420

-click on the name of the ship on which you are sailing, then you should be able to locate the Roll Call for the Cultural Connoisseur Cruise (although it may be listed by sailing date).

Good luck with your search, and have a fantastic trip~

Does anyone have info on private port tours for Cultural Connoisseur with Oceania? Tour starts London and ends in Barcelona. Brussels, Paris, Bordeaux, Lisbon, etc. etc.

Thanks, chico gal

Hi

Lois and Alvin have a private tour to Normandy for the entire day round trip.We have booked it and we may add one couple or if needed may add two couple and we will have a larger passenger car that will hold 6.

If interested let me know and I will give the details. I also have a thread.

alvinrubina@yahoo.com cell 734-674-3253

Taking a series of ship's tours DOES give you a discount on the rate.

How does that work? How many must one take to qualify? Is this discount covered on the Oceania web page?:confused:

From the site:

Oceania Cruises is pleased to announce two new shore excursion collections, Your World Collection and Unlimited Passport Collection, that offer wonderful insight into the culture, history, art and cuisine of the fascinating ports of call you will visit, all at substantial savings from the customary À la carte list price. These collections must be reserved prior to sailing, so be sure to book your collection in advance in order to take advantage of these extraordinary savings.

Package Comparison -------Savings Flexibility

Unlimited Passport Collection --Up to 40% Refundable prior to embarkation

Your World Collection* -------25% Refundable prior to embarkation

From the site:

Sorry to be so dense, but that doesn't tell me anything. :confused: If I'm on a cruise that has 6 ports with ship excursions, how many do I have to reserve prior to sailing to qualify for the discounts? I can't find the quote you gave on the web page, although I did find reference to the two discount collections, and the web page has no search feature that I can find (which I find very frustrating and highly unusual for a cruise ship web page:().

Are you booked? Log in to O site and Manage My Trip... go to ShoreEx section.

The short answer is "no." TA will post the deposit on Monday. But I have saved the cruise for planning in My Oceania, so I can access the ShoreEx section and see prices. I also see discounted prices for the two plans, but there's no explanation for how to qualify for either. Perhaps there will be more information after Monday??

How does that work? How many must one take to qualify? Is this discount covered on the Oceania web page?:confused:

You must take 6 land tours form oceania and the will allow ;you to get a 25% discount on all the tours.

Hope that helps you.

I am taking a private tour to Normandy and I know the shop is booked full for that tour. If interested contact me and I will send you the information.

alvinrubina@yahoo.com

The minimum number of excursions you must reserve to get the World Collection discount might be different for different cruises. For my future cruise, the section for "Already Booked" has this:

“Your World Collection - Save 25%

Save 25% when you reserve 5 or more excursions prior to sailing!”

Ask your TA, or call Oceania.

Archived