Help with schedule for Bernard's Private Tour

gracie65

Hi all, posted this on a existing thread but got no responses. Apologies if it's on here somewhere but couldn't really find it specific to what we want to do.

Have done Bernards tour in the past but it's always been his regular group tour where majority rules. We aren't interested in wasting time at Rima's (great place but we live in Myrtle Beach where we have a Wings on every corner, Rima's is similar). We mainly want to have 2-3 hours at Orient Beach, 45 minutes to an hour at Marigot and same amount of time at Maho. Then some want to have time to be dropped off in Phillipsburg for some shopping before getting back on the ship. We are there from 7-6. Was planning to have our pick up time with Bernard at 9:00am. I have a few slow pokes in my group so going to tell all of then 8:30am just so they will be there by 9:00am.

I know the larger planes are bigger early to mid afternoon.

How long does it usually take to get to Orient Beach from the pier? Thinking I may need to change the pick up time to 8:30 (but tell everyone 8:00am).

Too bad the planes don't come in good first thing in the AM would make better sense to go to Maho first. Has anyone been there in the morning instead of afternoon?

Last time we were there it was overcast at Orient Beach the whole time and we ended up leaving early. Didn't know if that was typical of Orient Beach in the AM.

If someone can help me with times on where to go when I would appreciate it. Don't want to time this and then the Marigot stores and open air market be closed.

It seems it would make better sense to hit Maho Beach first. I think everyone in my group has either seen the large planes before or they haven't seen at all and wouldn't know the difference!LOL Then Marigot then Orient Beach. Has anyone done this way?

Thanks!!

We are heading there and would like to do the same, so I am curious as to answers.

Hi all, posted this on a existing thread but got no responses. Apologies if it's on here somewhere but couldn't really find it specific to what we want to do.

Have done Bernards tour in the past but it's always been his regular group tour where majority rules. We aren't interested in wasting time at Rima's (great place but we live in Myrtle Beach where we have a Wings on every corner, Rima's is similar). We mainly want to have 2-3 hours at Orient Beach, 45 minutes to an hour at Marigot and same amount of time at Maho. Then some want to have time to be dropped off in Phillipsburg for some shopping before getting back on the ship. We are there from 7-6. Was planning to have our pick up time with Bernard at 9:00am. I have a few slow pokes in my group so going to tell all of then 8:30am just so they will be there by 9:00am.

I know the larger planes are bigger early to mid afternoon.

How long does it usually take to get to Orient Beach from the pier? Thinking I may need to change the pick up time to 8:30 (but tell everyone 8:00am).

Too bad the planes don't come in good first thing in the AM would make better sense to go to Maho first. Has anyone been there in the morning instead of afternoon?

Last time we were there it was overcast at Orient Beach the whole time and we ended up leaving early. Didn't know if that was typical of Orient Beach in the AM.

If someone can help me with times on where to go when I would appreciate it. Don't want to time this and then the Marigot stores and open air market be closed.

It seems it would make better sense to hit Maho Beach first. I think everyone in my group has either seen the large planes before or they haven't seen at all and wouldn't know the difference!LOL Then Marigot then Orient Beach. Has anyone done this way?

Thanks!!

We were a family of 6 adults and did the exact same private tour your talking about but during early March... We had an 8:30am departure but it actually turned out to be closer to 8:45am...Bernards was busy that day..Orient Beach first approx 2+ hours and we rented jet skiis, had beautiful weather.. Marigot maybe 45min-1 hour enough time to eat at Sarafina's, shops were open and some market vendors (we found this to be enough time) and spent the same amount of time at Maho...Some of us were then dropped off in town and the others taken back to our ship. This worked out great for us, our driver timed everything perfectly and kept the rum punch flowing :D

We were a family of 6 adults and did the exact same private tour your talking about but during early March... We had an 8:30am departure but it actually turned out to be closer to 8:45am...Bernards was busy that day..Orient Beach first approx 2+ hours and we rented jet skiis, had beautiful weather.. Marigot maybe 45min-1 hour enough time to eat at Sarafina's, shops were open and some market vendors (we found this to be enough time) and spent the same amount of time at Maho...Some of us were then dropped off in town and the others taken back to our ship. This worked out great for us, our driver timed everything perfectly and kept the rum punch flowing :D

Thanks!! Did you go straight to Orient Beach or did he make some of the photo stops on the way? Last time I was on a group tour and he did those stops and we really don't care about those again. If it's nice would rather get on to the beach. Do you recall what time you got to Marigot?

Thanks for your help!!

Did you use Bernards?

Thanks!! Did you go straight to Orient Beach or did he make some of the photo stops on the way? Last time I was on a group tour and he did those stops and we really don't care about those again. If it's nice would rather get on to the beach. Do you recall what time you got to Marigot?

Thanks for your help!!

Went straight to Orient Beach..our driver asked if we wanted to stop..we said no..one of the great things about a private tour. I believe we got to Marigot around noon.

Your very welcome !!

Wasn't sure since she said Bernards was busy that day.

Yes..sorry you missed that....My reference to Bernards (being busy) was in general..I know who Bernard is (have seen him many times out front of his tour stand but met him personally the morning of our tour when he assigned us to our driver) he actually called me early one Saturday morning to confirm our private tour and get my credit card for the deposit, which you must give when booking a private tour. We have been to St Maarten many times on cruises but when it has been just the two of us we always tour DIY..This first visit taking the adult kids & DDIL we opted to do this tour for them...a great decision..Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Archived