'dam Tiles

Vict0riann

When is there going to be anew edition of this book? Hopefully, there will be one that includes the new ship.

Actually, three new ships; Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam + the unnamed new built and when? Only Captain Card can answer that one;)

We are booked for our 4th cruise, and have never received a tile....but we are currently just 2 stars.

Can we get the tiles we have missed somehow?

I emailed via HAL's website and got a reply within 24 hours. They mailed the tiles to me here in the UK - they took a couple of weeks to arrive.

Mumsy.

Stephen Card's fabulous paintings hang on every HAL ship in companionway. We always enjoy going deck to deck to see each. A true signature of an HAL ship. :) Most of us agree, the ships would not be complete with out Stephen's art.

Only after taking the IPOD art tour on the two Signatures, did we realize how much wonderful work he has created.

We are booked for our 4th cruise, and have never received a tile....but we are currently just 2 stars.

Can we get the tiles we have missed somehow?

The Mariner Soc will send some tiles, but not necessarily the same ones you would have gotten on board.

When do the Port Everglades sailaways start up again? I'm missing a fix...:D

10/18 Zuiderdam

10/27 Eurodam, Nieuw A

10/28 Zuiderdam

11/2 Westerdam

11/3 Nieuw A

If you are a 3 star Mariner -- you should have been getting tiles that look this -- coasters with different ships, etc. on the front side:

2012_marinerTILE_01_sm.jpg 2012_marinerTILE_02_sm.jpg 2012_marinerTILE_03_sm.jpg2012_marinerTILE_04_sm.jpg 2012_marinerTILE_05_sm.jpg 2012_marinerTILE_06_sm.jpg

These are the tiles you should have been receiving after your first cruise on HAL.

Guess I don't know what I'm missing!

ZU

Guess I don't know what I'm missing!

ZU

On the present topic, last cruise a new HAL couple (first HAL cruise) had no problem going to the Mariner Brunch -- by accident. No one questioned their presence.

I didn't go to the brunch because it was the start of Lent on Ash Wednesday, which was a fast and abstinence day for me with its corresponding dietary restrictions.

ZU

To answer a few of your questions....

Best place to find a copy of the book is on EBAY or Amazon but be warned... the price is high.

Very few of the images were made into prints but there are a few floating around. Best chance is to join the World Ocean & Cruise Line Society... they have a small selection available to their membership.

Would love to write the new sections for fresh edition... roughly 24 new paintings... to cover the newbuilds. Will have to wait to see what HAL and the publisher think about it!

Thanks all your interest.

Stephen

Would love to write the new sections for fresh edition... roughly 24 new paintings... to cover the newbuilds. Will have to wait to see what HAL and the publisher think about it!

Thanks all your interest.

Stephen

Looking fwd to it, Captain!:)

Archived