Cost of Princess Transfers

Dorset Cruiser

Unless you reserved the hotel through Princess, transfers are only to/from the airport and the cruise terminal.

But from your footnote, I'd guess you booked the hotel with Princess?

The transfer between LGA and the Brooklyn pier is $34. Newark is farther than LGA, but the price diffference won't be great deal more.

Your Cruise Personalizer doesn't include transfer options? That's where I booked mine.

Unless you reserved the hotel through Princess, transfers are only to/from the airport and the cruise terminal.

But from your footnote, I'd guess you booked the hotel with Princess?

The transfer between LGA and the Brooklyn pier is $34. Newark is farther than LGA, but the price diffference won't be great deal more.

Your Cruise Personalizer doesn't include transfer options? That's where I booked mine.

No the hotel came as part of a package put together by our travel agent so will have to make own arrangements if Princess will not transfer us to hotel. Supershuttle is coming out at $108 for the two of us so will probably use them. Had thought of the train but we might be too tired after a long haul flight :(

If we get a Princess transfer from port to Newark Airport and our flight is in the evening, will the transfer take us anywhere to pass some time, either a hotel or mall or will we be dropped straight to the airport? Or will the ship run a debarkation excursion with airport drop off?

You should be able to see the available post cruise excursions in your cruise personalizer. These would take you on the excursion and then drop you off at airport.

A Princess transfer alone will only take you directly to the airport. Your TA should be able to provide you with the costs of both.

We use Arecibo car service. Quick...easy..and reasonable

We're doing something similar. Flying into NYC and then boarding our cruise in Brooklyn after a night in a hotel on Times Square. We are booking a car service that will take us from Airport to hotel, and then hotel to port next day. Our car service, both ways is coming out not much more than you quoted for the supershuttle. But we have a car all to ourselves on our own schedule.

We haven't used it in NYC before but used the same service in Phoenix last year and were really impressed with them.

We're doing something similar. Flying into NYC and then boarding our cruise in Brooklyn after a night in a hotel on Times Square. We are booking a car service that will take us from Airport to hotel, and then hotel to port next day. Our car service, both ways is coming out not much more than you quoted for the supershuttle. But we have a car all to ourselves on our own schedule.

We haven't used it in NYC before but used the same service in Phoenix last year and were really impressed with them.

Which car service are you using? The supershuttle quote is for a personal car transfer, not for a shared transfer. We were also quoted about $50 for a personal transfer from hotel to port.

Try Dial 7. They are a car service and have had good reviews in this forum. Check out their website for rates. You may be surprised.

Dial7 has an online rate of $46 from EWR to Manhattan. Must add any tolls and a tip to this. This would be for two people, maybe more.

Not sure what the rate from Manhattan to pier would be, but would expect it to be in the mid-$30s plus tip (no toll involved).

Archived