Inflatable Pool for Infant

Lets be honest here, the "pool" for the toddler is for the entertainment of the parents. The toddler doesn't even know what a pool is or if that he/she is missing an opportunity to splash in the water on a cruise ship. Like two years from now, the toddler will remember the "pool".

Last time I went in a hot tub was just before I saw a dad dipping the diaper clad kiddo in and out like a tea bag.

You're right. Using that premise, when a baby is born and brought home, the parents should keep the baby in a bedroom and just give it enough food and change their diapers until they are about 5 years old, since before that they will not remember anything:eek:.

Gregg

Because while they may or may not hold in solids, they definitely do not hold in bacteria. Think fecal tea if you want to be graphic. Actually, urine is relatively sterile unless a person has a bladder infection. Me, I totally avoid hot tubs and rarely use the pools.

Understand that diapers do not hold in bacteria and agree. As far as adults, I don't know anyone who superglues their butt crack closed and undergoes decontamination before entering a pool, I don't think so. I would venture to guess that adults are not "germ free" either, though the chances of serious contamination may be less.

question is if it was to happen would they really close and scrub the pool....:eek::eek:

Yes--saw this happen on a cruise. They removed the "matter." Then they added many jugs of chemicals to the water and back-washed the pool. I did not use it for the rest of the cruise. :o

Umm.. No. A bit self serving, aren't we? If it was really going to impact, someone, we'd put it on one of our lounges. And no, I'm not going to deprive my one year old from a little splashing around while he sees his potty trained brother having fun. Enough said.

Way to go! Here we are AGAIN discussing why it's ok to expose others to your child's waste products. There are rules of sanitation for a reason..A good reason. And just to be clear, a one year old doesn't feel deprived; you are just feeling entitled to break the rules. Just feed him, play with him, love him, and keep him where he belongs. That's your job as a parent.

I'm so tired of parents who think their kiddies S&*# doesn't stink.

Teddie

Well, the idea is that adults have been toilet trained and won't release any of that matter into the swimming pool. Duh.

Teddie

Thanks you soon much Teddie. :rolleyes:

You've obviously never dealt with an incontinent adult.

Ship happens, ... Even to "toilet trained" adults. It really does. ;)

Lets be honest here, the "pool" for the toddler is for the entertainment of the parents. The toddler doesn't even know what a pool is or if that he/she is missing an opportunity to splash in the water on a cruise ship. Like two years from now, the toddler will remember the "pool".

Last time I went in a hot tub was just before I saw a dad dipping the diaper clad kiddo in and out like a tea bag.

Agreed!!!!

You're right. Using that premise, when a baby is born and brought home, the parents should keep the baby in a bedroom and just give it enough food and change their diapers until they are about 5 years old, since before that they will not remember anything:eek:.

Gregg

I surely don't. I only know about what others tell me or show pictures of me when I was a toddler. I don't recall not being able to go swimming when I was wearing a diaper.

Edited by cruzincurt

Thanks you soon much Teddie. :rolleyes:

You've obviously never dealt with an incontinent adult.

Ship happens, ... Even to "toilet trained" adults. It really does. ;)

Umm, actually, I have. I am a Registered Nurse working in physical rehabilitation. I did note "adults who have been toilet trained". Of course, there are those who have not been, or cannot be. They do not belong in public pools, either. Am I missing something? If so, please correct me.

Teddie

(no eye-rolling)

Edited by teddie

Hate to tell you, but by going on a high capacity, commercial cruise line ship, it is more like the "redneck Riviera" than you would probably like to admit. That being said, the duckie pool, which many people have apparently successfully used, does not violate any rules and, if used judiciously, does not pose any safety risk. You clearly did not read my previous post, as we would likely put the duckie on a lounge (they are really small) in the event we cannot locate an acceptable spot out of the way of foot traffic. Second, how much water do you think we would put in there? Only a few buckets is all he would need. The water will not contain any urine or feces and we will not need to "drag" a pool full of water across the deck. Are we going to leave him in there for hours? Of course not. Your metaphor of pushing my baby down a water slide is just stupid. Splashing in a few buckets of water poses zero safety risk and the water slide... well, you get my drift.

You have no idea how we parent and find you a bit obtuse to offer parenting advice out here. Clearly, you are only happy if you have the opportunity to spout nonsense, so congratulations! You must be one happy Canadian. Hope to see you on the lounge next to the duckie!

Amen! Bring your inflatable pool and enjoy your cruise! :)

One more reason that I only go to the solarium. I have never stopped in the main pool area.

Let me tell you a little story - I live in a 55 and older community - translation - adults only - they frown on the kiddies visiting and using the pool and have "rules" - well our pool has been shut down 3X this summer for 3 days - because a responsible ADULT had an accident in the pool! YUP - Id rather have a toddler with a kiddie pool than an old person in an adults only pool that can't control themselves - whatever:eek:

Amen! Bring your inflatable pool and enjoy your cruise! :)

Let me tell you a little story - I live in a 55 and older community - translation - adults only - they frown on the kiddies visiting and using the pool and have "rules" - well our pool has been shut down 3X this summer for 3 days - because a responsible ADULT had an accident in the pool! YUP - Id rather have a toddler with a kiddie pool than an old person in an adults only pool that can't control themselves - whatever:eek:

Um, I prefer a pool where no one, in spite of age, has an accident. Period. Are you trying to say that kiddie poo isn't as bad as adult poo? Guess what: It's. All. Bad.

Teddie

PS

This has got to be the most ridiculous argument ever.

I surely don't. I only know about what others tell me or show pictures of me when I was a toddler. I don't recall not being able to go swimming when I was wearing a diaper.

I hope you have never had children because you completely missed what my post was about. It has nothing to do if they remember things while they are growing up until they can remember, but all these things like playing in a pool, having a book read to them, working on puzzles etc. all help them develop life skills. Just because you don't think playing in a pool is necessary doesn't make it so.

Gregg

And no, I'm not going to deprive my one year old from a little splashing around while he sees his potty trained brother having fun. Enough said.

Oh my. I feel like such a horrible parent now! I didn't allow my 16 month old daughter to go anywhere near the pool while I allowed my potty trained 3 year old son to swim like a fish. And to make things worse, she watched it all! :eek:

Goodness knows what kind of irreparable psychological damage I've caused my daughter! :rolleyes:

Edited by Tapi

Although I did not envision this digression when I initially started this post (and I am guilty as anyone in promulgating this thread), the obvious point is that my wife and I recognize and will follow the "no pool for children who are not potty trained" rule. We were only trying to confirm what many people used as an alternative solution. The duckie was the answer we were looking for. We just purchased one. The highest point of the bathing area doesn't even reach the bottom of my calf muscles and it is 10 inches wide by 18 inches long. There are shoe boxes bigger than this thing. Now that we've seen it, we are actually more excited to use this as a bath in the bottom of the shower for our soon-to-be one year old (he will turn one on our cruise). For those of you who suggested the duck bath, thank you. Okay - time to have a Baby Ruth by the pool. :)

Oh my. I feel like such a horrible parent now! I didn't allow my 16 month old daughter to go anywhere near the pool while I allowed my potty trained 3 year old son to swim like a fish. And to make things worse, she watched it all! :eek:

Goodness knows what kind of irreparable psychological damage I've caused my daughter! :rolleyes:

Ha, ha, ha.:p

Um, I prefer a pool where no one, in spite of age, has an accident. Period. Are you trying to say that kiddie poo isn't as bad as adult poo? Guess what: It's. All. Bad.

Teddie

PS

This has got to be the most ridiculous argument ever.

I agree with you 100% - just don't agree with all the anti children comments - and my point is anyone can have an accident - even an adult - so even with having potty trained children only allowed in the pool - which again, I agree with - you might not be safe with an accident prone adult either.

I see no harm in bringing an inflatable pool/bathtub - if its kept out of the way - its not causing anyones vacation to be impacted.

Just my opinion - we can agree to disagree. :)

Keep in mind too that there are some people who think that cruises are for adults only and should not allow children at all. I understand that some people are bothered by children, and I myself have been irritated by some rather obnoxious adults. Not saying that anyone on this thread has implied that (other than the one comment about leaving the kids with Grandma), but they are out there. My answer to that is to sail on the MS Nursinghomedam or a cruise line aimed at an older clientele. Anyone who sails on a ship that has an active children's program and then complains that there are children on board??? Um, sorry ya booked the wrong cruise line....

Although I did not envision this digression when I initially started this post (and I am guilty as anyone in promulgating this thread), the obvious point is that my wife and I recognize and will follow the "no pool for children who are not potty trained" rule. We were only trying to confirm what many people used as an alternative solution. The duckie was the answer we were looking for. We just purchased one. The highest point of the bathing area doesn't even reach the bottom of my calf muscles and it is 10 inches wide by 18 inches long. There are shoe boxes bigger than this thing. Now that we've seen it, we are actually more excited to use this as a bath in the bottom of the shower for our soon-to-be one year old (he will turn one on our cruise). For those of you who suggested the duck bath, thank you. Okay - time to have a Baby Ruth by the pool. :)

May I ask a question? You mentioned earlier that you would put the duck tub on a lounge if there is no deck room. Were you serious? I think that is really risky and may even be against the rules. The lounges are good, but not the steadiest things in the world. There is certainly the possibility of a fall. In any case, the lounges are not intended for that use.

I am not saying don't bring the duck tub, but I am saying that using a lounge for it is a bad idea for many reasons. Find an out of the way spot for it on the deck for everyone's sake.

beachchick

Interestingly enough, last night I just happened to watch Mike Rowe's, (host of Dirty Jobs) special on "World's Dirtiest Man". It was on the same channel as "Catch". And you ain't seen nothin yet! After that show, you might as well hang it up. There is no way any public pool can equal what you already have on you and in most cases is a resident inhabitant of your body already. Amazon can sell you this DVD or you might try looking it up on YouTube.

Disgusting, was scratching for an hour! Just thank God we have something phenomenal called a Immune System that mostly takes care of the billions of microbes we come into contact with each day, resident or not. Pools don't scare me anymore!:cool:

And BTW, all of us happily subject ourselves to the food on our cruises, which sometimes precipitate a Noro virus outbreak because of mostly Ecoli bacteria....and no kids played in this food either....just sayin!

Edited by BecciBoo

question is if it was to happen would they really close and scrub the pool....:eek::eek:

[

Absolutely. Saw it on the Majesty 2 years ago. Someone had his child in the pool when the kid dropped a stinky one. They completely drained the pool and cleaned it thus inconveniencing the entire ship because some insufferable oaf felt he should be entitled to enjoy whatever parts of the ship he felt like enjoying in spite of the rules.