Tricks, Tips & Advice for my first Cunard cruise?

lovely_serenity

[quote name='Cruachan']I'm sure dear ole Mr Acker knows we're only teasing J[/quote]I was tempted to write "You might be"...

But, on reflection, "Of course we are" :) .

It is exactly as pmb1 describes it in post #119.
It is certainly not the worst alcoholic drink I've been tempted by (by a very, [I]very[/I] long way :eek: ), but neither is it the best.
(Don't tell anyone, but I mix it with orange juice :p )
Many simply give it back to the steward or leave it in the 'fridge.

And, fact is, many new-to-Cunard passengers like to find it waiting, and welcoming them to their cabin. And the ice bucket comes in handy (for the good stuff I've brought with me).

[quote name='lovely_serenity']You know, with all the teasing against Mr. Acker, I'm starting to think that he may be bad for your health or something! :eek:[/quote]

Cute.

But I'm starting to think you might want to read previous threads regarding the questions you have posed. No sense in repeating it all again, is there? :cool:

[quote name='lovely_serenity']Okok, well back on track. What are some must-do's on the QE?[/quote]

Go to the theatre at least once. It's a very impressive public space indeed - the more so because it's on a ship. Also, it's worth dropping by early in the day when the place is empty - stand at the front, on the stage, and you will get a good impression of the scale of the place.

I have some interior shots of QE on my site that might interest you. There's one of the theatre in there.

[URL]http://www.shipworld.org/qe-interiors/[/URL]

J

[quote name='Cruachan']Go to the theatre at least once. It's a very impressive public space indeed - the more so because it's on a ship. Also, it's worth dropping by early in the day when the place is empty - stand at the front, on the stage, and you will get a good impression of the scale of the place.

I have some interior shots of QE on my site that might interest you. There's one of the theatre in there.

[URL]http://www.shipworld.org/qe-interiors/[/URL]

J[/QUOTE]

I have a question, I saw pictures of those cool looking box seats, but I heard on formal nights or something, you reserve and pay for special treatment there. My question is, am I allowed to sit up there for free? And when?

[quote name='lovely_serenity']I have a question, I saw pictures of those cool looking box seats, but I heard on formal nights or something, you reserve and pay for special treatment there. My question is, am I allowed to sit up there for free? And when?[/quote]

Yes, you can. The boxes are bookable on certain specified nights, usually when there is a full production show on. You pay a small(ish) fee and there are some additional little perks that you get for your money.

The rest of the time the boxes are available on a first come first served basis. So, just keep your eye on the daily programme as you will be able to find out from that whether you need to book or not. If booking isn't required just find an empty box and take a seat.

J

[quote name='Cruachan']Yes, you can. The boxes are bookable on certain specified nights, usually when there is a full production show on. You pay a small(ish) fee and there are some additional little perks that you get for your money.

The rest of the time the boxes are available on a first come first served basis. So, just keep your eye on the daily programme as you will be able to find out from that whether you need to book or not. If booking isn't required just find an empty box and take a seat.

J[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's very helpful! Thanks! :)

I planned to spend a few minutes looking at your blog and pictures.....well, many hours later I felt as if I'd just been on the trip with you. Beautifully done and your pictures were brilliant. My husband commented that you must have been a real treat at the dinner table since no one was allowed to eat until everything was documented. :D.

Well done and thank you for the wonderful entertainment.

Go to the theatre at least once. It's a very impressive public space indeed - the more so because it's on a ship. Also, it's worth dropping by early in the day when the place is empty - stand at the front, on the stage, and you will get a good impression of the scale of the place.

http://www.shipworld.org/qe-interiors/

J

Cruachan:

Really enjoyed looking over your site and reading some of your family history and how you first got 'hooked' on Cunard. Lovely pictures of the QE that brought back many happy memories. Very interesting to read your section of 'Casualties'. Thank you for sharing.

best regards,

seasidegal

Cruachan:

Really enjoyed looking over your site and reading some of your family history and how you first got 'hooked' on Cunard. Lovely pictures of the QE that brought back many happy memories. Very interesting to read your section of 'Casualties'. Thank you for sharing.

best regards,

seasidegal

Thanks you, ma'am. Your kind words are much appreciated :o)

J

I planned to spend a few minutes looking at your blog and pictures.....well, many hours later I felt as if I'd just been on the trip with you. Beautifully done and your pictures were brilliant. My husband commented that you must have been a real treat at the dinner table since no one was allowed to eat until everything was documented. :D.

Well done and thank you for the wonderful entertainment.

Ahaha thank you very much! Yes, indeed. My family was very cooperative about it too! This one time, (you probably read about it :D), my dad took my camera & went up to take sunset pictures right before our entrées, so I told everyone else "you know, you all can't eat until I've taken pictures, right?" You should've seen the horror on their faces :D. My siblings asked me what I had ordered, turned out they had ordered the same thing I had!

My siblings: "YESSS!!" *high fives eachother*

Mom: "NOOOO!!" :(. *has different entrée*

And then they laughed at my Mom :)

Anyhow, thank you very much for read it! :) & for the lovely compliments!

Edited by lovely_serenity

I was tempted to write "You might be"...

But, on reflection, "Of course we are" :) .

It is exactly as pmb1 describes it in post #119.

It is certainly not the worst alcoholic drink I've been tempted by (by a very, very long way :eek: ), but neither is it the best.

(Don't tell anyone, but I mix it with orange juice :p )

I'm shocked, I tell you............shocked!:eek:

(and you lived to tell the tale;)

Originally Posted by Whitemarsh:

And I really liked the pictures of the food.

Thank you I'm glad you did! ^^

Sarah:

You should visit some of Whitemarsh's posts re: fashion.

As a fashion fanatic...you will enjoy them immensely.

best regards,

seasidegal