Playa del Carmen

zebra

What is the best way to get to Playa del Carmen and how long will it take? Any other info on Playa del Carmen will be appreciated. I have seen the ferry mentioned. Where does one catch it in relation to where the Paradise will be docked? Thanks.

I went to Playa Del Carmen how I got their was by the ferry it cost $13 if I remember right person. It takes about 40mins. there are two ports in Cozumel. I know one of the port is close to the cruise ship you can walk to the ferry the other port you need to take a cab.

If the Paradise docks at Punta Langosta, downtown, as usual, you're a 5 minute walk to the ferry pier. if it docks at Puerta Maya, you're a taxi 10 minute taxi ride away, plus a 5 minute walk out of the pier area. 2 ferry services. Leave within 5 minutes of each other. Buy a 1 way ticket to give yourselves some flexibility returning ( sometimes one ferry is leaving but the other hasn't cast off lines and still selling tickets). Be sure to factor in the time difference on return. You'll probably be okay with a 3PM return ferry return if you're departing at 6 Ship time.

Lots of shopping and restaurants in Playa, less hassle from street vendors. Plenty of great lunch stops along Calle 30, look for El Fogon, or Los Aquachiles or stop at one of the food carts near the ADO station. Hit Ah Cacao Real on Avenida 5 and Calle 30 before heading back to the ferry for some nice treats-especially the brownies, good hot cocoa, and great coffee to enjoy on your return.

http://www.playadelcarmentours.com/ferry-schedules.htm

Archived