Available dining upon embarkation

jax430

I apologize if this is a repeated question, but we're busy getting ready to leave and I don't have time to do a search...

When we board the Summit today, where are the options to dine for lunch? It will be my 14-month-old's lunch time, so I'm trying to plan out the best place for us to go. Thanks!

We like to go to Bistro on Five for lunch - there is a cover charge of 5.00, but it's quiet and relaxing.

Here is a list of the places serving food during lunchtime on embarkment day:

• Oceanview Cafe - Deck 10 - 11:00 am
  • Pool Grill - Deck 10 - 11:00 am
  • AquaSpa Cafe - Deck 10 - 11:30 am
  • Cafe Al Bacio - Deck 5 - 11:30 am
  • Bistro on 5 - Deck 5 - 11:00 am

Basically, there are three choices. The buffet which will get pretty crowded but will also have the best selection for your 14 month old. There is also the Aqua Spa cafe in the Solarium area but this has limited seating. They offer healthy eating, grilled fish and chicken etc. Finally, there is Bistro on 5 which has a $5 pp charge but is a quiet restaurant that serves crepes and i'm sure they could make something that would appeal to your little one.

If you chose the buffet, go early, get in and out and walk around the ship. Love the Summit. Happy Sailing!

Can't talk about other ships but Bistro on Five was full and with a wait list on our recent Eclipse embarkation day.

I think news has got out that it is the best place for a quiet lunch. We ended up with a burger from the Mast Grill.

On the Summit, and other M class ships, the first time you go into the buffet DO NOT get into line right away. The lines at the front of the buffet are the longest, since so many first time passengers presume they need to get into line just as they walk in, and they sometimes lead to poor choices.

On the M class ships always walk all the way around the buffet first to see all the available serving stations and options. Walk down one side, all the way around the back, and up the other side. Then you will have seen all the options and you can decide where to start.

Note that when dining at the buffet you can also go to the pool grill right outside the buffet doors for a burger or hot dog and bring those into the buffet seating area. There is also outdoor seating at the very aft of the buffet area.

Also, while Bistro on 5 is very nice for lunch their limited menu doesn't have much of a selection of items which are good for your toddler if you plan on getting food for your child there. The buffet will have more options for young children. We've also found that service at Bistro on 5 is usually pretty slow. This is very nice for a leisurely lunch for adults but can mike it difficult sometimes for some young children.

Have a great cruise!!

Archived