Activia Yogurt Question

Cherie319

Does anyone know if the Breakaway have Activia Yogurt. I have to say that its good for my tummy and I plan to do a lot of eating :). If they don't can I bring some on board?

Thank you..

BTW hope this isn't a silly question

FYI - any yogurt with live active cultures has the same effect of Activia. They can advertise the benefits because the company paid for a clinical trial and has published the results. However, it's the same live active cultures in the other yogurts - they just didn't pay for the study to be done.

FYI - any yogurt with live active cultures has the same effect of Activia. They can advertise the benefits because the company paid for a clinical trial and has published the results. However, it's the same live active cultures in the other yogurts - they just didn't pay for the study to be done.

Agreed.

One thing I never understood though is why yogurt companies boast the benefits of probiotics in yogurt and then proceed to add extra sugar to the yogurt. :confused: Sugar only feeds the unhealthy intestinal flora in the gut in addition to candida albicans which makes the probiotics less effective than they would be otherwise. That's why, imo, it just makes more sense to take the probiotic supplement (unless the yogurt you are consuming does not add sugar).

They definitely have yoghurt on board including natural/low fat etc. I cant remember the exact brand name they use. Often different according to the ports/embarkation etc. It's always available in the buffet at breakfast time. Just take some to your room and keep in the fridge to eat when you wish. I obviously haven't heard the advertising over in Aus because Activa is not a brand I favour. Just check the label to see the yoghurt has live cultures which most of them over here in Aus do.

Archived