Accomodations Near Cruise Terminal

There appears to be two ports in Vancouver. What Port does Norwegian Sun sail out of?

It will be Canada Place. You could look at the Pan Pacific or the Fairmount, but there are plenty of other hotels within rapid transit distance. I usually stay at the Sandman on West Georgia. It's a block away from the Stadium Skytrain station, which is two stops away from the waterfront, and I also get a corporate discount. It works out to about $120 for a night in a room with two doubles.

Per the schedule, it's definitely Canada Place for the Sun on Aug 26th.

Simply check the location of any hotel you're considering on Google, Bing etc. maps - anything Downtown will never be more than a couple of miles from Canada Place.

If you have the budget for it, the Pan Pacific is right on top of the pier and will transfer your bags down for you - as will the Fairmont Waterfront just across the street. Both hotels score highly on reviews.

I booked through Priceline, make your price. It happens to be within short walking distance to Metrotown station. From the Expo line, it looks as though I can go a few places. We will be taking the rail (Amtrak) in from Seattle. It looks like there is a lot to do in Vancouver, so I am happy I have an extra day. :D

I booked through Priceline, make your price. It happens to be within short walking distance to Metrotown station. From the Expo line, it looks as though I can go a few places. We will be taking the rail (Amtrak) in from Seattle. It looks like there is a lot to do in Vancouver, so I am happy I have an extra day. :D

Yeah, if you're near the Metrotown station, you'll have about a half-hour trip on the Skytrain. Make sure when you get to the top of the platform that you are on the westbound train, not east. When you are on the platform and facing Metrotown mall, you'll want the train that travels to your left.

Once you hit the terminus station at the Waterfront, go up the escalator/elevator. Left is the Sea bus port, right is the station. Turn right and you will be in a room with a high ceiling, some stores, restaurants, etc. A couple choices from here: Walk out the doors, turn right and walk 2 blocks, followed by another right. Or turn right, follow the corridor, exit the building, keep heading straight past a big grey building, then turn right and be at the cruise terminal. Or the easiest way, go down the stairs to the right in the large room, follow the corridor, make sure you still have your transit pass as they often check, cut across the skytrain platform underground, and climb the stairs to be about 200 feet away from the cruise terminal.

Yeah, if you're near the Metrotown station, you'll have about a half-hour trip on the Skytrain. Make sure when you get to the top of the platform that you are on the westbound train, not east. When you are on the platform and facing Metrotown mall, you'll want the train that travels to your left.

Once you hit the terminus station at the Waterfront, go up the escalator/elevator. Left is the Sea bus port, right is the station. Turn right and you will be in a room with a high ceiling, some stores, restaurants, etc. A couple choices from here: Walk out the doors, turn right and walk 2 blocks, followed by another right. Or turn right, follow the corridor, exit the building, keep heading straight past a big grey building, then turn right and be at the cruise terminal. Or the easiest way, go down the stairs to the right in the large room, follow the corridor, make sure you still have your transit pass as they often check, cut across the skytrain platform underground, and climb the stairs to be about 200 feet away from the cruise terminal.

Metrotown to Waterfront is closer to 20 minutes not 30.

At Metrotown, you want a train marked "Waterfront". They're all clearly labeled, and there are digital signs above the tracks. Generally this is the track closest to the mall; but there is track work just east of Metrotown during the week right now, so sometimes trains pull into the alternate track.

The instructions to get to the cruise terminal above are completely wrong. Exit the train (generally to your left, but look for the signs saying "Canada Place" or "Waterfront Centre" again sometimes trains do use the alternate track. You go up a short escalator, turn right , go up a longer one and you're 1/2 block from Canada Place.

Archived