Pearl - What staterooms forward have open balconies?

BlueJai

Hi all, I am looking at booking the Pearl and trying to determine where the open balconies start (versus the hull balconies).

For the 10th floor, I am looking at 10006 or 10506.

On the 9th, I am looking at 9006 or 9506. Does anyone know if these are open?

We really like being near the front but don't really want the hull balcony.

Thanks for any advice.

Bluejai

Deck 10 has four openings for hull balconies, the first two of which are the Owners Suite (10004 and 10504). The next two are balcony cabins which will therefore have hull balconies. The first one which isn't a hull balcony will therefore be 10010 or 10510.

Deck 9 has 6 hill balcony openings, 2 of which will again be the Owners Suite. That means the first non hull balconies will be 9014 and 9514.

Despite the deck 9 rooms being further back on that floor than the deck 10 ones, they are actually further forward on the ship, as can be seen on the photo above.

Several years ago, I had the same question regarding the Jewel (a sister ship of the Pearl). We wanted a regular balcony, NOT one of the "hull" balconies. (If it were not for Cruise Critic, I wouldn't have even KNOWN about the hull balconies!) Not only do NCL's deck plans fail to identify these balconies, but the PCCs don't have access to information that would tell them either.

Still, my PCC was pretty sure, but not certain, that 10514 was not a hull balcony, but to be certain, he went the extra mile for me and actually emailed the Jewel and had someone go up to that cabin and confirm that it was a regular balcony! (He's no longer at NCL, sad to say.)

I promised I'd send him a picture when I returned. This photo shows decks 9, 10, and 11 on the Jewel, portside. The shirtless guy in the lower left is on deck 9; the guy seated above him is on the balcony of 10512, the first "regular" (non hull balcony) on Deck 10, portside on the Jewel. Cabin 10514 is to the right of that as you look at this picture. I hope this is helpful, and I wish NCL would make all this clear on the deck plans.

Jewel10514.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

Deck 10 has four openings for hull balconies, the first two of which are the Owners Suite (10004 and 10504). The next two are balcony cabins which will therefore have hull balconies. The first one which isn't a hull balcony will therefore be 10010 or 10510.

These are actually not quite a total regular balcony; there's still a bit of the hull, though not as much as the total hull balcony. See my photo above of the Jewel; that's 10510 to the left of the guy sitting down.

These are actually not quite a total regular balcony; there's still a bit of the hull, though not as much as the total hull balcony. See my photo above of the Jewel; that's 10510 to the left of the guy sitting down.

That makes sense. I had counted that as a normal balcony, but if it is considered a hull balcony then your numbers are correct.

I would just mention that in my opinion, the hull balconies on these ships are not bad at all. If I got one then I would be fine with it, especially if you are somewhere where wind could be an issue (ie Alaska).

Thanks so much for the information. My PCC is still telling me that 10006 is not a hull! So frustrating sometimes, that goodness for great Cruise Critic members who share their knowledge!

Thanks!

bluejai

Thanks so much for the information. My PCC is still telling me that 10006 is not a hull! So frustrating sometimes, that goodness for great Cruise Critic members who share their knowledge!

Thanks!

bluejai

That is pretty sad. What's even more sad is that this isn't the PCC's fault, it's NCL's fault for giving these people insufficient training and information.

I have learned SO much on CC that I would not have known otherwise... it's an incredible resource.

Have a wonderful trip in a non-hull balcony!

Hi all, Just an update. I ended up spending quite some time on the phone with the PCC and ended up booking 10012 - I figured 10512 was an open balcony so I should be good on the other side.

When I got my confirmation, it says that 10012 is an enclosed balcony!

Just call me confused :), going to try again!

Thanks

Bluejai

Archived