MCO/Cocoa Beach Hotel Question

ND Cruisers too

Need some input....we will be arriving at MCO around 11:30pm on a Friday evening...our cruise sets sail on Sunday.

We were thinking about finding a hotel close to the airport Friday night, then renting a car Saturday morning, heading to Cocoa Beach area for the day, and staying there Saturday night. Hopefully somewhere with a free shuttle to the port. Turning the rental car in either Saturday evening or Sunday morning.

OR would we be better off renting the car right away Friday night and staying in Cocoa Beach both nights?

Any experience with getting either a rental or a hotel shuttle that late?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

There will be 5 couples on this trip!

Thanks in advance for all your advice and assistance!

Need some input....we will be arriving at MCO around 11:30pm on a Friday evening...our cruise sets sail on Sunday.

We were thinking about finding a hotel close to the airport Friday night, then renting a car Saturday morning, heading to Cocoa Beach area for the day, and staying there Saturday night. Hopefully somewhere with a free shuttle to the port. Turning the rental car in either Saturday evening or Sunday morning.

OR would we be better off renting the car right away Friday night and staying in Cocoa Beach both nights?

Any experience with getting either a rental or a hotel shuttle that late?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

There will be 5 couples on this trip!

Thanks in advance for all your advice and assistance!

Since you are arriving so late I would stay around the airport and rent your car on Saturday morning and drive to Canaveral.. The three hotels nearest the Port are going to be Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson At The Port (however these are not on the beach).

One way car rentals are very popular here, in fact one of the. Agency is located at the driveway going to the CI&S and Residence Inn, sorry I can't remember which one. All the car rental agencies have free shuttles to the Port. Then you just do the reverse when we get off the ship.......or prebook a shuttle or limo service to take you back the the airport.

Hope this helps!

At 11:30 (probably closer to midnight after the monorail ride and wait for your bags :() I would stay near MCO at a hotel that offers free shuttles. Return to MCO the next day and pick up your rental car. This link may help with locating a suitable MCO hotel:

http://www.mcohotels.com/

You can rent a car one-way MCO to Port Canaveral, it should cost $30-50 or less for one day – check out www.carrentals.com to compare prices from several agencies. The ride from MCO to Coco Beach/PC takes about 45-60 minutes unless there is a traffic issue. The rental car companies have drop off locations near the port or a little south in Cocoa Beach and they will shuttle you to the port.

After lots of trips to FLA we generally choose to stay in Orlando and then make our way to PC the morning of the cruise. It's your call. Good luck! :)

Personally I would rent a car Friday night and drive to Cocoa Beach so that way you have all day on Saturday to sight see and enjoy your day.

If you stay near the airport on Friday night you will have to lug your suitcases in and out of hotels twice....I know we hate doing that. Find a hotel in Cocoa Beach (may I recommend the Comfort Inn) and stay there both nights

Personally I would rent a car Friday night and drive to Cocoa Beach so that way you have all day on Saturday to sight see and enjoy your day.

If you stay near the airport on Friday night you will have to lug your suitcases in and out of hotels twice....I know we hate doing that. Find a hotel in Cocoa Beach (may I recommend the Comfort Inn) and stay there both nights

I have seen some recommendations for the Comfort Inn but when I was on another sight..maybe tripadvisor I didn't read a lot of good things about it.....have you stayed there lately? Really liked the location and the price...also do they have a shuttle to port?

Archived