Non-shop snorkeling excursion that will allow a child

aggie_gal

We're looking for a snorkeling excursion in Roatan that will allow a 3-year old. All the Carnival ones require the child to be 6 or 8. Our son is 3 and there will be four adults, so we can take turns hanging out with him while the others snorkel. Plus, the 3-year old uses goggles when he swims now and would enjoy being in the water.

**That is supposed to read "non-ship" excursion, meaning we're looking for a private excursion, not a ship sponsored one.**

Just catch a taxi to the Bananarama Resort area at West Bay Beach and snorkel of the beach. The little one can play and the adults can snorkel up and down the beach. There is a real nice reef to snorkel over on teh left side of the beach as you face the ocean.

Yeah just go to West Bay beach and enjoy some of the best shore snorkeling anywhere.

No age restrictions on your own...

Read any of Mitsugirly's reviews... (she has been taking her daughter shore snorkeling since I believe she was 3)

Bill

Looks beautiful! Thanks for the recommendation. Just one question...would we be better booking an excursion, or can we just take a cab to Bananarama/West Bay Beach ? With the kiddo, we'd like the option to leave when we want insead of waiting for scheduled transportation.

Also, I'm assuming there are activities for rent if we want? Are there any guided snorkeling tours that take you out on a boat?

Looks beautiful! Thanks for the recommendation. Just one question...would we be better booking an excursion, or can we just take a cab to Bananarama/West Bay Beach ? With the kiddo, we'd like the option to leave when we want insead of waiting for scheduled transportation.

Also, I'm assuming there are activities for rent if we want? Are there any guided snorkeling tours that take you out on a boat?

Bananarama has a CRUISE package for like $35 and $40 and $45 http://www.bananaramadive.com/cruise-shippers/index.html

Then click on "Beach Packages" I would guess you can leave anytime you want and yes they have a activity center also.

We have been snorkeling with our daughter (who is now 5) since she was 3 years old and she loves it. You can't drag her out of the water when we are on vacation. Although we normally don't do any cruise ship sponsored excursions, some times that's the only way to book a certain place we want to go to (Maya Key being one of them and excellent snorkeling).

West Bay is a great place to go for snorkeling right from the beach area. Just "walk in". :D It's a great place to go with a little one in case they get tired and want out. Maya Key is awesome, but you have to walk down the pier and go in and you are instantly there. If the little one gets tired, you have to go back to the pier or, like I do, put my little one on my back and snorkeling around myself until she's ready to go again. :p We also went to Little French Key this last time around. They do have a reef that you can either take a canoe out to on your own or do a guided tour with the place. Otherwise, you can snorkel around the beach area and still see a lot of things.

Whatever you decide on, Roatan is our favorite port and our favorite snorkeling area and we have never had a problem with our youngster snorkeling with us. :)

Archived