Solo senior woman needs advice

elou

Being by myself, I feel safer to go with RCCI tours. Have been to Altun Ha and "X" ruins. Not impressed since I've been to Chichen Itza. Not interested in beaches or active tours. Don't see Belize Zoo offered anymore. What else. Any suggestions for older woman? Thanks.

Team up with others on your role call that are doing something you might enjoy or haven't done. Cave-tubing? While it's pushed for teens, lots of older folks have a great time with the right guide.

Otherwise, if you don't want to mix and mingle, use the day as a ship day and then maybe slip out for a couple of hours (tender time included) and wander out the Tourist Village to the flea market across the street, or grab some conch fritters and a cold Belikin at Wet Lizard inside the T.V. or the Smoky Mermaid over toward the lighthouse, if you're outside the T.V.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the cave tubing once and had a blast. Several elderly folks were on that tour as well. There was some walking involve, but just about 15 minutes and the guides helped carrying the tubes...I think that activity is fine for elderly folks.

There are several options if you would consider private tours. Note: We have taken private tours in Belize a number of times and have not had any issues.

Several companies offer Belize Zoo and/or Baboon Sanctuary tours. In addition one vendor is now offering a Belize Food and Drink tasting tour. My sister and I are planning to try it in Nov.

Archived