Wi-fi or Blue Tooth Access at HMC

roscoegirl

Sorry if this has been asked before and I did search the Ports of Call board (a little) for this answer so now, I'll ask the experts: Does anyone know if there is any wi-fi/blue tooth access at HMC? I wanted to play my music in my cabana (quietly, of course) but it needs wi-fi access. Thanks for your response in advance!:)

Wi-Fi and blue tooth are two totally different things. If your devices are blue tooth enabled you'll be able to play music from them using blue tooth, blue tooth is basically a way for a device to send information to another connected device. A basic Google search didn't return anything in Wi-Fi for half moon cay. So if you're using a service like Pandora or Spotify it may not work. It would be challenging for them to have wifi as each cabana would need a Wi-Fi router/hub since the Wi-Fi signals do not travel very far.

You might want to look into programs like iTunes for Apple devices or google play music for android where you can download music to your device and then you don't Need Wi-Fi. :)

Wi-Fi and blue tooth are two totally different things. If your devices are blue tooth enabled you'll be able to play music from them using blue tooth, blue tooth is basically a way for a device to send information to another connected device. A basic Google search didn't return anything in Wi-Fi for half moon cay. So if you're using a service like Pandora or Spotify it may not work. It would be challenging for them to have wifi as each cabana would need a Wi-Fi router/hub since the Wi-Fi signals do not travel very far.

You might want to look into programs like iTunes for Apple devices or google play music for android where you can download music to your device and then you don't Need Wi-Fi. :)

There is no wifi on HMC.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Thanks for the help with understanding blue tooth vs wifi. So my speakers work with my iphone via blue tooth...I know there will be an electric outlet in the cabana (which the speakers need) so you are saying I should be able to uses both devices without having wifi? (not very elec gadgets savvy:o) Thanks for all of your help...didn't want to take the speaker box if I can't use it on HMC:)

Thanks for the help with understanding blue tooth vs wifi. So my speakers work with my iphone via blue tooth...I know there will be an electric outlet in the cabana (which the speakers need) so you are saying I should be able to uses both devices without having wifi? (not very elec gadgets savvy:o) Thanks for all of your help...didn't want to take the speaker box if I can't use it on HMC:)

If you have songs downloaded onto your iPhone you can play them without internet access. Your bluetooth speakers will work anywhere with your iPhone as long as they have power/batteries.

If you have songs downloaded onto your iPhone you can play them without internet access. Your bluetooth speakers will work anywhere with your iPhone as long as they have power/batteries.

Thank you very much, SkyMewg! That's exactly the answer/explanation I was hoping for...:)

Archived