RCI's Designated Vacation Planner

I booked a cruise online on RCI website, and after the final payment date I received a call from a woman claiming that she's my 'designated vacation planner' from now on, and she would help me with future cruise booking. I also received her self-introduction email.

I usually do everything online myself as the information is visible, but I don't mind getting some extra information over the phone, if there's any. So I was okay to have this someone new in my life.

But soon I found it not so pleasant.

This woman likes calling instead of emailing. And due to the time difference each time I got the call early in the morning. There was nothing important, sometimes she simply 'confronted' why I called the general line about a new possible booking and spoke with other vacation planner but not her. Most of the times I missed her call and when I called back, she's on the line with someone else, saying she would call me back, but she didn't. And she never responds to my emails but would rather resend me her self-introduction email over and over again to remind me of her phone number.

And when I was on the phone with her, I found that she's quite impatient - when I was hesitating to give a firm response while taking in the information she gave, she would say something like 'Are you interested/Do you want xxx xxx or NOT?' in an unpleasant tone.

When I put a hold on a new booking on RCI's website, she would know about it and called me. But the quote I got from her is no different from the one straight off RCI's website, no extra perks like others always get from their travel agents. So what's the point? And when I cancelled the hold on the website, she knew about it too and called me saying there were lots of promotion going on, etc.

It looks like I'm stuck with her - everytime I do something online or talk to someone else, she knows about it and wouldn't get off my back.

Why this 'designated vacation planner'? I didn't choose her. And I don't feel comfortable dealing with her. Any way to NOT have a 'designated vacation planner'? I want my freedom back.

Have you specifically requested to not have a "designated vacation planner?" if not, call RCCL's main line and essentially state what you've experienced and request removal from this "program." They may offer another planner so be ready to turn that down.

I have booked 4 cruises online with RCCL and have not had someone call me. Did you book a suite or are you a high level C&A member? Just curious, because I don't want this problem, LOL:)

Next time she calls, just tell that you don't want to deal with her any more and not to call you. We were "assigned" a planner a while ago and after dealing with her for one trip decided that I wasn't going to work with her again. I've called and made reservations thru C&A D+ with no problems.

:)When I booked over the phone the RCI person sent me a email with all the cabin # conf # etc. and had there name at the bottom.

I had to call a few days later and ask for that person (that I thought was my vacation planner whatever they call them) and the person that answered told me RCI didn't have an assigned person to my booking that if I have a concern, question, or changes needed I would just talk with whom ever answer the phone after I choose the department I wanted to talk with.

Marcy

:)When I booked over the phone the RCI person sent me a email with all the cabin # conf # etc. and had there name at the bottom.

I had to call a few days later and ask for that person (that I thought was my vacation planner whatever they call them) and the person that answered told me RCI didn't have an assigned person to my booking that if I have a concern, question, or changes needed I would just talk with whom ever answer the phone after I choose the department I wanted to talk with.

Marcy

When I first talked to guest relations department, they were not aware of such assigned person either, which is strange. I gave the name and contact info in her signature in the email (- Certified Vacation Planner, Consumer Outreach

Royal Caribbean International | 14700 Caribbean Way, Miramar, FL 33027, phone number:800-859-7225, ext. XXXXX ) and they did some digging. Finally they got back to me saying they removed me from a list so no one should be calling me again. They never mentioned if that person was legitimate.

I booked a cruise online on RCI website, and after the final payment date I received a call from a woman claiming that she's my 'designated vacation planner' from now on, and she would help me with future cruise booking. I also received her self-introduction email.

I usually do everything online myself as the information is visible, but I don't mind getting some extra information over the phone, if there's any. So I was okay to have this someone new in my life.

But soon I found it not so pleasant.

This woman likes calling instead of emailing. And due to the time difference each time I got the call early in the morning. There was nothing important, sometimes she simply 'confronted' why I called the general line about a new possible booking and spoke with other vacation planner but not her. Most of the times I missed her call and when I called back, she's on the line with someone else, saying she would call me back, but she didn't. And she never responds to my emails but would rather resend me her self-introduction email over and over again to remind me of her phone number.

And when I was on the phone with her, I found that she's quite impatient - when I was hesitating to give a firm response while taking in the information she gave, she would say something like 'Are you interested/Do you want xxx xxx or NOT?' in an unpleasant tone.

When I put a hold on a new booking on RCI's website, she would know about it and called me. But the quote I got from her is no different from the one straight off RCI's website, no extra perks like others always get from their travel agents. So what's the point? And when I cancelled the hold on the website, she knew about it too and called me saying there were lots of promotion going on, etc.

It looks like I'm stuck with her - everytime I do something online or talk to someone else, she knows about it and wouldn't get off my back.

Why this 'designated vacation planner'? I didn't choose her. And I don't feel comfortable dealing with her. Any way to NOT have a 'designated vacation planner'? I want my freedom back.

Also have a DVP and I call him, not the other way around. Have his phone number and extension and love having him by my side so to speak. I have his days off and his working hours. He has never once called me unless I requested a call back....K.O.

Can't be worse than "Ghost Shark" or "Sharknado" unless it's "Attack of the Relentless Vacation Planning Ghost Shark" lol

I can see her falling from the tornado now, biting the OP's head off for not calling her directly.;)

Archived