Our Splendid Splendor cruise (with pics) 8/13/13

Jamman54

I just finished reading this review, it was awesome! My husband and I want to take this ship but we are trying to decide if which itnerary. He wants Canada, I want Caribbean. Either way that ship looks amazing. Thanks for all the details and pictures.

Also, I grew up in Somerset, my parents still live there. Go Franklin!! :D

-Angie

Small world, isn't it!! Glad you enjoyed the review. He wants Canada, and you want the Caribbean? You can book a B2B that does both!! See, problem solved!! :D

I just read this entire thread!

My sister and I are going on our first Carnival cruise on 2-13 and after reading this and seeing photos I feel like I have already been on the ship!

Looking forward to it now more than ever....

Thanks.....

Pam

Won't be long now. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Thank you so much. We're going on the May 4 cruise and this is getting me excited. One of the pluses of going on a CL you haven's sailed in 15 years is the unknown!

Thanks for reading. I know you will have an awesome time!!

Me again! :) Question for you - where do you go to check-in for the Margaritaville cabanas? There are going to be two ships in port that day, Splendor & Liberty, and the Liberty gets there an hour before us. I want to make sure I know where to go so I'm not wandering around through the crowd! I need to maximize my cabana time lol.

Me again! :) Question for you - where do you go to check-in for the Margaritaville cabanas? There are going to be two ships in port that day, Splendor & Liberty, and the Liberty gets there an hour before us. I want to make sure I know where to go so I'm not wandering around through the crowd! I need to maximize my cabana time lol.
Go right into M'ville via the restaurant entrance. There is a check in desk on the left. very easy.

• 1 month later...

I really want to thank you for taking the time to do this. I have never been on a cruise & this really gave me a clear picture of what to expect. Your pictures are fantastic! I am so excited. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

After Ryan’s session on the Flowrider, we were all hungry, so we headed back to our cabana…..

A400.JPG

Ryan pressed the “button”, and almost immediately our server appeared to take our order. I desperately needed a bucket of Landsharks, and Patti and Ryan ordered our lunches and drinks for themselves. It was very hot out today, so it was great to relax in air conditioned comfort and just chill for a bit. About twenty minutes later our food arrived, and though Patti had to send her salad back because they had put the corn salsa on it when she requested not to have it, all was well. There was plenty of food to pick at while waiting for her new salad.

We spent the rest of the day alternating between the cabana, pool, and ocean. Thankfully, Patti did remember to grab the camera and take some pictures!

Pool views….

A404.JPG

A410.JPG

The Swim up Bar, we stayed away from there!!!....

A405.JPG

The Grand Turk Weather Station….

A407.JPG

Margaritaville views…..

A409.JPG

To be continued….

Looks awesome! Loving your review.

I really want to thank you for taking the time to do this. I have never been on a cruise & this really gave me a clear picture of what to expect. Your pictures are fantastic! I am so excited. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for reading!!

Great review! Thanks for the great pics! We are sailing this itinerary in Oct and can't wait to go back to Grand Turk and HMC. We also love those islands.

Great review...that pool at GT never disappoints.....

Thanks for reading. I could do Grand Turk and HMC 4 times a year!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you so much for the detailed review. We are trying to decide between the Pride and Splendor so you review gave us a great look at the Splendor!

I have sailed them both, and I can tell you that you can't go wrong whichever ship you choose. Both are GREAT!!!

Ryan’s sofa bed….

A0181.JPG

To be continued…..

First off JAMMAN54 let me just say how awesome you are that you took the time to post this and STILL getting so many comments. Now my question is this......I have an Ocean Suite room on the Splendor booked for May and I was wondering (because this would only be my second cruise) if you asked specifically for the beds to be situated in this way. I'm going with my two little girls and would give them the bigger bed and I'd take the smaller one. I believe requesting a queen bed along with a sofa bed is an option but wondered if you knew at all that it would look just like this? I wonder if my Ocean Suite is big enough for this option..... Do tell :)

First off JAMMAN54 let me just say how awesome you are that you took the time to post this and STILL getting so many comments. Now my question is this......I have an Ocean Suite room on the Splendor booked for May and I was wondering (because this would only be my second cruise) if you asked specifically for the beds to be situated in this way. I'm going with my two little girls and would give them the bigger bed and I'd take the smaller one. I believe requesting a queen bed along with a sofa bed is an option but wondered if you knew at all that it would look just like this? I wonder if my Ocean Suite is big enough for this option..... Do tell :)

If there is a sofa in your room, it would convert to the bed as shown in the picture. Have a GREAT cruise!!

Thank you for writing such a great review. My mother and I will be flying from the UK into JFK spending one night in NYC and then boarding the Splendor 17th June. I'm so excited it's my first cruise! I've loved reading your review, it has been an absolute pleasure thank you! I've treasured every picture, zooming in on some to look at finer details, especially the fun times to see the sunrise/set times. I've already joked with my mum that we will need to request two copies so that we don't fight over them each night 😊

I wondered if you or any other readers would be able to answer a few questions for me please?

Do you know the gym opening times?

What footwear would you recommend? I would usually wear heels with dresses in the evening but wondered if this is wise on a ship?

When you are in port is there a tender timetable to return to the ship throughout the day ?

Thanks so much ! I was dreading turning 40 but as this holiday is to celebrate I now can't wait 😎

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for writing such a great review. My mother and I will be flying from the UK into JFK spending one night in NYC and then boarding the Splendor 17th June. I'm so excited it's my first cruise! I've loved reading your review, it has been an absolute pleasure thank you! I've treasured every picture, zooming in on some to look at finer details, especially the fun times to see the sunrise/set times. I've already joked with my mum that we will need to request two copies so that we don't fight over them each night 😊

I wondered if you or any other readers would be able to answer a few questions for me please?

Do you know the gym opening times?

What footwear would you recommend? I would usually wear heels with dresses in the evening but wondered if this is wise on a ship?

When you are in port is there a tender timetable to return to the ship throughout the day ?

Thanks so much ! I was dreading turning 40 but as this holiday is to celebrate I now can't wait 😎

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats on your first cruise...you are going to have a blast.

The gym opens at 6am and gets very crowded after 7am.

I wear a cocktail dress every evening to dinner WITH HEALS...lol...my weakness.