Free shuttle to town Mediterrean

sta319

Does anyone know if Oceania offers free shuttles to town in the following ports:

St. Tropez

Portofino

Sorrento

Monte Carlo

Livorno

Funny you should ask exactly about these towns as none of them require a shuttle (except for Livorno, where one is provided).

The others you just walk off the ship (or tender) right into "downtown" :D

Enjoy your cruise.

When we were there with the Marina, O offered a shuttle up the hill to town center and back. Many people just walked it.

I walked it, its not bad at all... I just told my then 18Yr old daughter, I was looking at the "scenic vista" whenever I needed to rest! Take your time and enjoy the view.

In Santorini, unless you take a ship excursion, there is no road to the tender port. To get to the top of the cliff where the main town is, you can ride a donkey, walk up the path the donkeys use or ride the cable car. Strongly recommend the cable car.

My experience in Sorrento is there is always a free shuttle bus (provided I believe by the local merchants) to take you up the hill, but it may stop running before you are returning to the ship. The walk down is not bad or you can take a taxi (but the fare is extortionate and all cabs appear to insist on the same price).

When we were there with the Marina, O offered a shuttle up the hill to town center and back. Many people just walked it.

Wow, Paul, you must be in fantastic shape.

I have walked down (usually because the shuttle bus has stopped running by the time we get back from wherever: Naples, Herculanuem, Pompeii, etc.) but I would be afraid that I definitely would have to utilize our trip insurance if husband (OK, or I) would try walking up.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulchili viewpost.gif

Wow, Paul, you must be in fantastic shape.

I have walked down (usually because the shuttle bus has stopped running by the time we get back from wherever: Naples, Herculanuem, Pompeii, etc.) but I would be afraid that I definitely would have to utilize our trip insurance if husband (OK, or I) would try walking up.:D

Pam, I wish.

NB I said many people walked it - didn't say I did :D In fact, I could (with a few rest stops), but I didn't :)

Paul

Archived