Coral Princess - Inside Cabin - door

FoghornLeghorn

If we're staying in a balcony and want to have friends stay in an inside across from us....which side will the inside cabin door open to??

Should we book a balcony on port or starboard, so they open their door, looking at our door?

It just shows insides down the middle - no door shown.

I've looked at the deck plans....can't tell.

(this is probably something simple I'm missing and my face is going to be red when someone tells me the answer) :rolleyes:

You can tell by whether the inside cabin has an odd number or even number cabin number. Odd numbered cabins have doors along the starboard-side corridor; even-numbered along port. So, if the inside is C529, it will be opposite balcony cabin C527 but not balcony cabin C516.

(I should have said, it will have its cabin door opposite balcony cabin C527; obviously, it's "opposite" both C527 and C516 on the deck plans!)

Your cabin door will open to the corridor. Inside cabins doors also open to the corridor. If they are across from you, your doors will open opposite each other.

This is not the best photo because I was taking it of the bed frames in the hallway during my Diamond cruise in May. They were deep cleaning inside cabins that were empty (a large group of Russian disembarked the ship in Japan.) The beds were updated with new mattresses. Anyway, you can see the indentations in the hallway on either side for cabins doors/entrances.

ugu8apa3.jpg

You can tell by whether the inside cabin has an odd number or even number cabin number. Odd numbered cabins have doors along the starboard-side corridor; even-numbered along port. So, if the inside is C529, it will be opposite balcony cabin C527 but not balcony cabin C516.

(I should have said, it will have its cabin door opposite balcony cabin C527; obviously, it's "opposite" both C527 and C516 on the deck plans!)

AHA! I knew there had to be a way to tell!

I knew I didn't want to book a balcony and have our friends opening to the other side.

THANKS SO MUCH!

Pam is always is so helpful. Thanks!!!!

Yes she is!

just to clarify for those asking if I was having a "blonde" moment (yes, I'm blonde)....

on the deck plans with "inside cabins" with two rows of cabin numbers....I knew they opened out into the hallways.....

it was the ones that only showed ONE row of insides down the middle that had me puzzled which side they opened to

:D

Yes she is!

just to clarify for those asking if I was having a "blonde" moment (yes, I'm blonde)....

on the deck plans with "inside cabins" with two rows of cabin numbers....I knew they opened out into the hallways.....

it was the ones that only showed ONE row of insides down the middle that had me puzzled which side they opened to

:D

I was a little confused at first, so I pulled up the deck plans to try to "enlighten" my self. A light bulb went off in my head and it struck me that the Coral and Island are narrower and have some areas that only have one inside cabin down the middle as opposed to the back to back insides that are common on most Princess ships! I have not been on either of these ships yet, but lucky for me I am going on the Island this Fall to transit the Panama Canal!!! :D:D:D I can't wait to experience the trip and the ship. (Too bad no retrofit like the Coral got until next year, I guess that I will have to cruise the Island again after her retrofit as well! Twist my arm!) ;)

Mark

Archived