Carnival Glory August 19th thru 24th

serene56

Well, I am happy to report that I got on the Wii scale this morning (instead of later in the day)

and i am down 5.5 pounds. Woo Hoo.

I usually lose on a cruise because I am in constant motion. Unlike every day life where I am tied to the office desk.

---

another thin I want to note is ===

when the decks are wet it is very slippery. Although its not raining that fog can create havoc on those outside decks. and let me tell you the amount of people falling was not pretty. Please do not wear rubber flip flops and PLEASE tell the kids no running. It was worse when you went from the outdoor to the inside because there is a marble floor there that is much more slippery compared to the wood deck outside.

One girl was running so fast she slipped and slid- Her head banged so hard on the ground while her shoulder banged into the railing. Bet she was hurting the rest of the cruise.

We rented two vehicles in Halifax. We used the Budget which is a further hike up the road but saving 75.00 will make that walk doable. Walking back- not so much--lol

But be careful because gas here is expensive. We used a half tank of gas in each car and we paid 45.00 in gas to fill it back up. Wowsers.

But still cheaper for the 10 of us to rent two vehicles then it was to take 10 of us on excursions

I have a silly dessert question for you, serene, maybe you can remember. Was Tiramisu served for dessert any of the nights in the MDR? I'm asking because on one of the Glory 5 days in May, i heard they didn't have it on the menu any of the evenings. It's pretty much the only dessert I like that Carnival serves and I am hoping its on the menu one of the nights on my 5 day in October.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have a silly dessert question for you, serene, maybe you can remember. Was Tiramisu served for dessert any of the nights in the MDR? I'm asking because on one of the Glory 5 days in May, i heard they didn't have it on the menu any of the evenings. It's pretty much the only dessert I like that Carnival serves and I am hoping its on the menu one of the nights on my 5 day in October.

no it was not offered at all. Not on the 5 day- I wonder if it was on the menu on the saturday sailing that just left.

Do you leave on a Monday

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2012/menus/mdr_dinner.html

tiramusa was on menu 4 day 4 which we did not have at all.

nor did we have menu day 6 menu 5

one night there is a Fig and cinammon cake- wow. and I hate Figs. it was that good. Cruisingis all about trying something new. Can I get you to at least take a bite of the Warm fig cake????

you could slip it under the bed-=-= plenty of room there.

Um, I slept on the sofa bed its enough for 2 people unless one hogs--lol

but remember its rock hard.

---

is anyone interested in the funtimes? I really dont want to scan if there is no interest

I also have kids camp. club menus too

GD tried the 6-8 group a few times-- she liked it, she didnt like it, she liked it.

Each day had a theme.. she loved dressing like a pirate that day. another day she made a tee shirt. Another day a magician did his show.

I didnt let her swim after the second day. I just didnt feel safe with her there. The pools have no supervision. and i found that parents thought its a vacation how unsafe could it be. THe pools were super crowded and the kids were doing a lot of horseplaying. One the second day there was a young girl-- maybe age 11 who kept insisting on jumping in and out of the pool. After the second time of jumping on my GDs head honey yelled at her to stop jumping in the pool because there were too many people and she was not paying attention to where she was jumping. (she listened)

the first day Honey jumped in the pool by the water slide because a boy abut age 4 was not swimming and kept going under. the boy looked to be in full panic so Honey jumped in and got him out as his mom came over. She was waiting for him to come off the slide. Evidently this pool is too close to the slide and he just went in.

PLEASE watch your kids. Especially when there are a lot of them around

Just spoke with the 9 ladies I'm cruising with and they would love to see the funtimes as well..thanks in advance!

we had 9200. what impressed me the most was no motion. -- I thought with being this high and so far forward we would feel the ocean but the sailing was smooth as glass- is this a bahama trip or canada run.

I love hearing your experience on room 9200. We are in 9200 on the conquest in October. Do you have any pics of your room? I just hope I dont miss my balcony.

no it was not offered at all. Not on the 5 day- I wonder if it was on the menu on the saturday sailing that just left.

Do you leave on a Monday

So weird. Just what the May 5 day Glory cruisers said. No Tiramisu. My daughter just did a 4 day Ecstasy cruise and they had Tiramisu. Wonder why they don't like to make Tiramisu on the Glory?

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2012/menus/mdr_dinner.html

tiramusa was on menu 4 day 4 which we did not have at all.

nor did we have menu day 6 menu 5

one night there is a Fig and cinammon cake- wow. and I hate Figs. it was that good. Cruisingis all about trying something new. Can I get you to at least take a bite of the Warm fig cake????

Lol. Yes, I'll definitely try that. Sounds pretty good.

So weird. Just what the May 5 day Glory cruisers said. No Tiramisu. My daughter just did a 4 day Ecstasy cruise and they had Tiramisu. Wonder why they don't like to make Tiramisu on the Glory?

its a rotating menu what day did she leave on her cruise.

Were any of the hot tubs open on this sailing?

they were finally repaired and opened on friday. the white filter tiles all needed to be replaced. guessing they picked them up in halifax.

I love hearing your experience on room 9200. We are in 9200 on the conquest in October. Do you have any pics of your room? I just hope I dont miss my balcony.

i did miss the balcony but not as much as i thought i would. by wednesday the walks seemed longer and that is when i wanted my 7409 back

its a rotating menu what day did she leave on her cruise.

Her cruise was a Thursday through Monday (August 8-12). Mine is a Sunday through Friday (October 20-25). Any idea what menus they'll use on my cruise? I'd like to plan a steakhouse night around the least appealing menu if possible.

Her cruise was a Thursday through Monday (August 8-12). Mine is a Sunday through Friday (October 20-25). Any idea what menus they'll use on my cruise? I'd like to plan a steakhouse night around the least appealing menu if possible.

you will have menu 4 day 4 and day 6 menu 5- cant tell you what one you will be missing.

Movies on the Seaside Theater

Monday: Skyfall

Tuesday: Big Miracle Odd Life of Timothy Green

Wednesday: Real Steal, Spider Man, The Blind Side

Thursday: Grown Ups, The Bourne Legacy, Big Miracle

Friday: National Treasure, Lincoln

TV movies:

Monday: None

Tuesday: Skyfall, Croods, Diary of Wimpy Kid

Wednesday: Trance, Trouble with the Curve, Aliens in the Attic

Thursday: SkyFall, Alvin and the Chimpmunks-the sequel

Friday: Croods, Trance, Space Chimps 2-Zartog strikes back

Hi there,

I am enjoying reading your review....we are on the Glory in about 2 weeks and can't wait. A funny question for you...were there medium sized towels in the bathroom? Why I ask this is because on Princess (which is what we have been on for the past 5 cruises) they have hand towels and bath towels but nothing in between. I usually take my head turban to wrap my hair after washing it as I can't use the bath towel as it is too big. Do I need to pack my turban like usual lol.

Also by any chance do you have a phone number for Carnival Glory or an e-mail that I can give my daughter just in case!!!!

Thanks so much....I appreciate your help.

Carnival generally uses a standard menu according to the length of cruise. With a few exceptions (holiday weeks, some shorter cruises on ships that typically sail longer itineraries) cruises of the same length all have the same menu; on the Canada run, you'll see the standard 5 day menu. A good source for Carnival MDR menus is http://zydecocruiser.net/menus/CarnivalCruiseLineMenus.htm .

Hi there,

I am enjoying reading your review....we are on the Glory in about 2 weeks and can't wait. A funny question for you...were there medium sized towels in the bathroom? Why I ask this is because on Princess (which is what we have been on for the past 5 cruises) they have hand towels and bath towels but nothing in between. I usually take my head turban to wrap my hair after washing it as I can't use the bath towel as it is too big. Do I need to pack my turban like usual lol.

Also by any chance do you have a phone number for Carnival Glory or an e-mail that I can give my daughter just in case!!!!

Thanks so much....I appreciate your help.

the cabin had the super big towels and the hand towel- take your turban

Emergency contact: (506)636-8924 calls from the room to your daughter is 1.99 a minute

thanks for the scoop on the scenic ov room. I have seen pictures and read reviews of them and I want to book one big time! Biggest concern for me is the motion. Doesn't bother me but I think it would bother DS. I can imagine skipping a couple of meals in the MDR if the hike is so long. But for the room and the view I would do it. It would be 4 of us so perhaps we would do the two insides as opposed to one of the outer cabins. Decisions decisions. ;)

Carnival generally uses a standard menu according to the length of cruise. With a few exceptions (holiday weeks, some shorter cruises on ships that typically sail longer itineraries) cruises of the same length all have the same menu; on the Canada run, you'll see the standard 5 day menu. A good source for Carnival MDR menus is http://zydecocruiser.net/menus/CarnivalCruiseLineMenus.htm .

This is exactly what I thought, too, and it's always been this way on my past cruises, but I don't think Glory adheres to the menu plan that way. I'm thinking they semi-beat to their own drum, but I do think they are consistent in what/when they're serving , I just need to find out how they do it. I think I'm going to email them. Obviously, I have way too much time on my hands or I'm completely ridiculously addicted to cc and cruises.

the cabin had the super big towels and the hand towel- take your turban

Emergency contact: (506)636-8924 calls from the room to your daughter is 1.99 a minute

Thanks so much for that quick reply. Turban will be packed and number is recorded on Emergency Contact list lol.

2 less things to worry about now!!!

Archived