Steakhouse questions

cherbear4000

We got the free red night 1, which was a merlot. I am thinking they MIGHT let you switch out for a white zinfandel, because that in general is one of the cheaper bottles of wine.

Would be great if we could switch to a white zin, shall try that next month

On 1 cruise 2 years ago, I heard a waitress tell another table that if they didn't want the house wine ($22), then they could get another wine and pay the difference. Don't know if this was a one time thing or not. I have never heard of the offer again.

About food favorites - We like the new potatoes that come with the lamb. Have never tried to get them as a side dish. Also like the French onion soup and the wasabi mashed potatoes.

I'd never heard that before, but I will definitely ask on our next cruise, since I'd rather pay the difference and get something we know we like!

Food is much better than the dining room. I do wish, however, the ceasar salad wasn't served so you have to cut it up. Chocolate sampler is better than the cheesecake. The cheesecake is HUGE but isn't like any I've tasted before. Steaks are excellent.

A true traditional Ceasar Salad is served with large full Romaine lettuce leaves that are presented with with dressing, Parmesan cheese, and anchovies. It sounds like Carnival does it that way. Not sure why having to cut it up is an issue.

A true traditional Ceasar Salad is served with large full Romaine lettuce leaves that are presented with with dressing, Parmesan cheese, and anchovies. It sounds like Carnival does it that way. Not sure why having to cut it up is an issue.

They might have run out of knives so you would have to use your fingers?icon7.gif

My husband and I loved the Emerald Steakhouse on the Glory last winter. We do enjoy fine dining and the steakhouse did not disappoint.

We both had the 5 spice rubbed ribeye (I think that was what it was called.) I had New England crab cake and ceasar salad and my husband had gotten lobster bisque and beef carpaccia. We both had the mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. The cream spinach was fresh. I had gingerbread ice cream and my husband had cheese cake and we were so full, we could barely eat any of the dessert.

We had brought on two bottles of wine and paid the corkage fee but it was worth it.

The steakhouse is worth every penny. I thought the meal was better than ones I have had at Ruth Chris. The service reminded me of how it was 10 years ago in the MDR. We like to do it on a port day when we have decided not to do an excursion.

I have a reservation for our cruise. Couple questions please.

Do they charge me before my final payment or on the ship?

Do you leave a tip on table?

Thanks

Will be charged on the ship and if you choose you can leave tip on bill.

Please note that charge includes a tip but they will not say how much of a tip. If services is perfect will leave something but if not we will not.

Not complaining about price but remember the cost is on top of the very nice meal in DR you are already paying for plus tip on auto tip.

But there isn't an extra tip unless you want to add it! My DH and I usually add a tip in addition to what is included in the $35.

But there isn't an extra tip unless you want to add it! My DH and I usually add a tip in addition to what is included in the $35.

Watch the waitstaff cry and say a tip is not included.

When they do that an extra tip will go away.

Archived