Steakhouse questions

cherbear4000

I am sailing the Liberty in a couple of weeks and thinking of doing the steakhouse. We have never done it before so I have some questions. Is it really that good and worth the fee? I assume the quality of food is much better than the MDR?

I know that there is an extra fee if you order more than one entree, but can you order an extra appetizer? I noticed on the menus the sides are listed separately. Does that mean you get to pick the sides you want? How many do you get?

Do you still get the free bottle of wine on the first night? Thanks!

I am sailing the Liberty in a couple of weeks and thinking of doing the steakhouse. We have never done it before so I have some questions. Is it really that good and worth the fee? I assume the quality of food is much better than the MDR?

I know that there is an extra fee if you order more than one entree, but can you order an extra appetizer? I noticed on the menus the sides are listed separately. Does that mean you get to pick the sides you want? How many do you get?

We enjoy the steakhouse doing it probably every other cruise. If you dont order salad generally you can get two apps.

Unlimited sides and still free bottle of wine the first night but understand it isnt the best. Doing steakhouse the first night next month and will see how good the wine is.

I think if you have never done it than you should, it's a nice experience. And I would do it the first night just for the bottle of wine (if you drink wine)

I don't think the food is better than the MDR, but I am not a foodie, I do think the atmosphere is more intimate and personalized.

I've done it twice enjoyed both times but it isn't one of my must do's.

And of course this is just my humble view and opinion..:rolleyes:

I am also curious about what is everyone's favorite steakhouse food

5 spice rubbed ribeye, lobster bisque, baby spinach salad, & chocolate sampler. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I've already booked the steakhouse for 3 nights on my December Conquest cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hi

Does any one know if you can pay a upcharge on the first night for your choice of wine. I know that the free wine is a chardonnay or a red and I do not drink either. I would rather have a white zinfandel and would be willing to pay the extra charge if possible?

Anyone going to the steakhouse before November on the first night or have asked already?

Thanks for your help

pat

murrells inlet, sc

Hi

Does any one know if you can pay a upcharge on the first night for your choice of wine. I know that the free wine is a chardonnay or a red and I do not drink either. I would rather have a white zinfandel and would be willing to pay the extra charge if possible?

Anyone going to the steakhouse before November on the first night or have asked already?

Thanks for your help

pat

murrells inlet, sc

On our feb cruise we are doing first night and would prefer another wine unless it turns out we like the chardonnay. Going with two other couples and if one orders chardonnay will taste it and if we dont care for it will see if we can get something else.

Hi

Thanks for your help

pat

murrells inlet, sc

To the best of my knowledge if you don't want the free wine on the first night you don't get any credit towards something better. You can always get what you want, but I'm fairly certain you'll pay the full menu price for it.

To the best of my knowledge if you don't want the free wine on the first night you don't get any credit towards something better. You can always get what you want, but I'm fairly certain you'll pay the full menu price for it.

On 1 cruise 2 years ago, I heard a waitress tell another table that if they didn't want the house wine ($22), then they could get another wine and pay the difference. Don't know if this was a one time thing or not. I have never heard of the offer again.

About food favorites - We like the new potatoes that come with the lamb. Have never tried to get them as a side dish. Also like the French onion soup and the wasabi mashed potatoes.

Ate at the Breeze steakhouse a few nights ago and it's was definitely worth every penny. The quantity of food is so plentiful it would be quite an achievement to eat everything served, let alone an extra entree. The mushrooms and creamed spinach are the best sides mixed together. The filet is melt in your mouth perfection. This time I opted for the surf and turf and the lobster was so tender, it didn't need a drop if the clarified butter. The chocolate sampler is amazing!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ate at the Breeze steakhouse a few nights ago and it's was definitely worth every penny. The quantity of food is so plentiful it would be quite an achievement to eat everything served, let alone an extra entree. The mushrooms and creamed spinach are the best sides mixed together. The filet is melt in your mouth perfection. This time I opted for the surf and turf and the lobster was so tender, it didn't need a drop if the clarified butter. The chocolate sampler is amazing!

Gotta mix the spinach and mushrooms this time.. Thanks

I love the Steakhouse, we go every cruise.

Some people say its expensive, but if you go to dinner for 2 people at a fine steakhouse on land (i.e. Ruth Chris, Flemings, Morton's etc) and eat the same # of courses its going to run you upwards of minimum $150 (w/o tip). The fact its $70 for 2 people including gratuity (we add more) is a great value.

I like the ahi tuna appetizer and the spinach salad. The desserts are wonderful, the cheesecake is a three day affair. Its huge.

It's a wonderful experience on your vacation. :)

I love the Steakhouse, we go every cruise.

Some people say its expensive, but if you go to dinner for 2 people at a fine steakhouse on land (i.e. Ruth Chris, Flemings, Morton's etc) and eat the same # of courses its going to run you upwards of minimum $150 (w/o tip). The fact its $70 for 2 people including gratuity (we add more) is a great value.

I like the ahi tuna appetizer and the spinach salad. The desserts are wonderful, the cheesecake is a three day affair. Its huge.

It's a wonderful experience on your vacation. :)

Not complaining about price but remember the cost is on top of the very nice meal in DR you are already paying for plus tip on auto tip.

We love Harry's! Been on the Liberty three times and three visits to the steakhouse. Worth every penny. So much food. There is usually an amuse bouche on top of everything else, including bread! The lobster bisque is awesome. The surf and turf is so tender and fresh! Go to the steakhouse!

Now you got me thinking i should mix the spinach and mashed potato togethericon7.gif

Love the escargot, the spinach salad, and the lamb. Got the Wasabi Mash Potatoes on the side. Managed about two bites of cheesecake.:)

Have also had the surf and turf.

We got the free red night 1, which was a merlot. I am thinking they MIGHT let you switch out for a white zinfandel, because that in general is one of the cheaper bottles of wine.

Archived