Carnival Pride

JMAE

Roger is great! DH and I will definitely miss him when the Pride goes to Tampa.:( Rogergoes on his vacation on December 8th, but I don't know how long the vacation is - 4 weeks? 6 weeks? 8 weeks? So I don't know if he'll be back onboard by February.

Pride-related, slightly-OT side note: DH and DDs just left to go night fishing, down the road, at Deal Island. I got on my computer to check marine traffic and it looks like Pride will be passing Deal Island in less than an hour. They should see her go by, on her way down the Bay.:):o

I just looked at the calendar and counted. Feb. 9 is 9 weeks after Dec. 8. Fingers crossed!

Did DH and the DDs ( that could be a band!) see the Pride?

I just looked at the calendar and counted. Feb. 9 is 9 weeks after Dec. 8. Fingers crossed!

Did DH and the DDs ( that could be a band!) see the Pride?

I'm crossing my fingers for you (and for me, that he'll be 'on duty' for my just-booked Pride cruise September 2014). My first time in an Aft Wrap Vista Suite!:D

Yep, I called DH and told him to look just as Marinetraffic was showing her just to the north of Bloodsworth Island, off the west coast of Deal Island. And sure enough, she was just coming into view as we spoke. He pointed her out to the girls and said she was all lit up, very easy to make out that she was a Carnival ship (funnel lit and clearly visible), even all the way out there in the shipping channel.:)

I'm crossing my fingers for you (and for me, that he'll be 'on duty' for my just-booked Pride cruise September 2014). My first time in an Aft Wrap Vista Suite!:D

Yep, I called DH and told him to look just as Marinetraffic was showing her just to the north of Bloodsworth Island, off the west coast of Deal Island. And sure enough, she was just coming into view as we spoke. He pointed her out to the girls and said she was all lit up, very easy to make out that she was a Carnival ship (funnel lit and clearly visible), even all the way out there in the shipping channel.:)

Very cool!

The chocolate buffet is always on the last sea day. It always has long lines as it is very popular.

One poster mentioned vibrations in the dining room. On the Spirit-class ships, the dining room is located in the aft section directly above the azipods. You will feel the engine vibrations especially if the ship is cruising fast.

Most of the wear and tear on the Pride is just cosmetic things. Some stained carpets, some vandalism of the artwork, loose rope trim in the elevators, etc. Nothing that would ruin a cruise. The TV's are the old CRT models that will probably be replaced during the next drydock. Overall, I thought the Pride was in pretty good shape.

Kirk Benning, the Pride's usual cruise director, is back onboard now. I noticed quite a change in activities between Kirk (March cruise) and Josh Waitzman (Aug cruise). Hopefully, everything will be back as it was in March. There were NOT many activities scheduled during the day on our August cruise. That was unusual considering the number of sea days.

For those of you who just got off the Pride do you know what movies they were showing?

Are you asking about the movies available on demand in the staterooms? Because there is no big screen on Pride for outdoor movies.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Are you asking about the movies available on demand in the staterooms? Because there is no big screen on Pride for outdoor movies.

Do they have a movie theatre anywhere onboard? I'm just wondering if there is anywhere they might show an Olympic event or two during our Feb. 9 sailing, other than the sports bar.

Do they have a movie theatre anywhere onboard? I'm just wondering if there is anywhere they might show an Olympic event or two during our Feb. 9 sailing, other than the sports bar.

It's possible that they might use the projector system in the main showroom to show Olympic events. There is not a movie theater or large outdoor TV on the Pride. The best TV's are in the sports bar.

It's possible that they might use the projector system in the main showroom to show Olympic events. There is not a movie theater or large outdoor TV on the Pride. The best TV's are in the sports bar.

They were showing a movie in the butterflies lounge today sometime, but I don't know If there is the capability for live tv.

Thank you both!

Ooh, and I just learned how to do multiple quotes in one post!!:cool:

Has anyone been on the Pride recently? I don't see many comments posted regarding the Pride.

We were on the Pride in 2010 and had to cancel a Feb. 2013 on the Pride. I'm just days/minutes away from booking a 2014 Feb. cruise on the Pride. In 2010 it was okay. Like every other cruise line there were obvious changes, but we like the layout of the Spirit class ships. For the prices this coming Feb., I don't think minor changes and a little wear and tear will bother us.

We were on the Pride in 2010 and had to cancel a Feb. 2013 on the Pride. I'm just days/minutes away from booking a 2014 Feb. cruise on the Pride. In 2010 it was okay. Like every other cruise line there were obvious changes, but we like the layout of the Spirit class ships. For the prices this coming Feb., I don't think minor changes and a little wear and tear will bother us.

The Pride is a great ship. We have really enjoyed our cruises on her.:D

I don't know which sailing in February, but I just got a drop of $20.00 pp for our balcony for our sailing on the 9th. It looked liked coke of the other dates might have dropped too!

If you are sailing the 9th, swing by our roll call!

I don't know which sailing in February, but I just got a drop of $20.00 pp for our balcony for our sailing on the 9th. It looked liked coke of the other dates might have dropped too!

If you are sailing the 9th, swing by our roll call!

We'll be sure to join the Roll Call when we book. I'm in the process of deciding which cabin we want. As soon as we decide, I'll be calling the PVP and booking the Feb. 9 sailing. Prices are too good to pass up!!!

I meant on the tv. I thought they rotated 3 different movies. Regarding the olympics - last time we were on the Pride it was basketball playoffs and they showed the games in the the comedy room with the Butterflies. So possibly they will play the olympics.

I meant on the tv. I thought they rotated 3 different movies. Regarding the olympics - last time we were on the Pride it was basketball playoffs and they showed the games in the the comedy room with the Butterflies. So possibly they will play the olympics.

That's what I was hoping!

I just read that Kirk will be our CD. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

IMO, it's an "meh" thing - he's not good, he's not bad. He's about as annoying as any other annoying CD and doesn't have anything special going on in his favour. He just is. But then, I've never been affected too much one way or the other by any CD. So my opinion on this could be totally worthless.:rolleyes::p

I just read that Kirk will be our CD. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

I have a friend who will be on the Pride this fall and can maybe answer that.

It seems like Kirk has been on the Pride for several years now. He must know that ship inside out.

We never saw Kirk except at one show. I will remain neutral on that ;).

But the comedy mgr Nathan and one of the entertainment staff, Harry, were great! They led many if the deck games and parties and we had a better time with that.

The 3 that were in the TV were:

Sky fall

Ice Age: continental drift

Ramona & Beezus

The movie showing in butterflies lounge in the afternoon was Trance.

I just got off the Pride last week, 8/25-9/1...and had the best time :D. I never noticed the cosmetic things that others have mentioned here, honestly :confused:. The crew was wonderful...the ship was clean....couldn't ask for more! I had a flat screen TV in my cabin (7245)...I thought they were ALL flat screens...apparently not! Like ShakyBeef, CD's don't affect me one way or the other ;). Roger, in the piano bar, was fabulous!

I loved this ship & crew so much, that as soon as I got home last week, I booked her again for next September...I want to cruise on the Pride one more time before she leaves the northeast. :)

Archived