Loud music everywhere

pianolinda

On a recent cruise on the Golden Princess I could not find a quiet place on the ship except my own cabin. Even in areas where activities were scheduled the so called background music was loud enough to interfere with the activity.

No place to sit and read or chat quietly with a friend. What's up with this??

Who could I talk to about something like this once I am on the ship?

i would start with the Purser's Office and/or the Cruise Diretor.

When we were on Golden Princess, 8-02, trans-Atlantic, there were many quiet places to catch a good read (or nap).

Gosh, never have seen this on any ship before on Princess. We were always able to find a nice quiet place. Admittedly not usually by the pool if there was a band, but interior rooms there were unlimited places to find peace and quiet.

Sorry to hear about this!

On a recent cruise on the Golden Princess I could not find a quiet place on the ship except my own cabin. Even in areas where activities were scheduled the so called background music was loud enough to interfere with the activity.

No place to sit and read or chat quietly with a friend. What's up with this??

Who could I talk to about something like this once I am on the ship?

Did you try the Library?:) If so, was it noisy there too?:eek:

Didn't try the library. really wanted to sit by a window and have a view. It seems that the music is piped into all open areas at all times of the day. Wanted to read on the 17th deck, thinking that the morning would be a good time to sit and watch the ocean go by, plenty of windows and sofas and very vacant, music seemed as loud as it would be if it was midnight and full of partiers

So, if I am understanding you correctly, there was just too much loud music on deck 17 where you wanted to sit quietly? Did you try any other decks? If it was just deck 17 this is a pretty generalized statement saying: "On a recent cruise on the Golden Princess I could not find a quiet place on the ship except my own cabin."

It could be the poster is sensitive to music. My husband is this way. He loves good music but almost all restuarants have piped in music, even some of the higher end ones. Many times you have to talk above the music and this drives my husband crazy. I am amazed when I look around me and other diners seem oblivious to the loud music, they don't even seem aware it is playing. I think it is the bass sounds that are hard to take, the kind that vibrate through walls.

I think there is a huge group that feel a void, if a space is not filled with some kind of noise and find complete quiet unsettling, thus the need to fill it up with some external noise. Hopefully the cruise line realizes that most of us that take this type of vacation are seeking the natural sounds of nature unless we actively seek out "entertainment". So far, we have been able to find a quiet

place to restore our senses.

Carol

I too enjoy the silence, for me it is the ultimate form of relaxation. On the Star one can sit just outside the horizon court early in the morning overlooking the wake and enjoy the silence and the view.

Thanks for the advice to see the purser or the cruise director. I did mean for the comments I made to be very general not just for deck 17. I really searched for quiet. I will make a note of the suggestions and work harder for a solution when next I cruise ---in September. Thanks for all the advice.

Archived