Steakhouse on the Freedom

Cigar Dude

Tell Ivanna (hostess) , that Tom and Cheryl said HI!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Since you have probably been to the steakhouses on Carnival more than anyone else have you noticed any differences quality wise between them?

Since you have probably been to the steakhouses on Carnival more than anyone else have you noticed any differences quality wise between them?

No, not really. I mean there are the occasional "less than perfect" steaks (ribeyes with gristle and such), but all in all the quality seems to be fairly consistent. There was a time a few years ago, after they discontinued the live music, when a couple steakhouses - specifically on the Glory - had music tracks which were just some of the staff's playlists, from what I could gather. Having Blind Melon and Pink playing does not really set the desired tone! Fortunately I think they've got a good handle on that now. On the Freedom, as well as other recent sailings, they have a more appropriate track of songs. With just enough Sinatra thrown in to make me think I'm watching the Bellagio Fountains in Vegas! :)

Tom

No, not really. I mean there are the occasional "less than perfect" steaks (ribeyes with gristle and such), but all in all the quality seems to be fairly consistent. There was a time a few years ago, after they discontinued the live music, when a couple steakhouses - specifically on the Glory - had music tracks which were just some of the staff's playlists, from what I could gather. Having Blind Melon and Pink playing does not really set the desired tone! Fortunately I think they've got a good handle on that now. On the Freedom, as well as other recent sailings, they have a more appropriate track of songs. With just enough Sinatra thrown in to make me think I'm watching the Bellagio Fountains in Vegas! :)

Tom

That is what I figured. Been to steakhouses on about 4 ships say 6x and only one poor experience both quality and service.

Other than that food was great and service excellent.

Just found it on the website.

The Sun King is on the Panarama Deck. Do you enter from the Paramana Deck or some other location?

You'll just shoot up to deck 10 in the mid-ship elevator bank... and you're there! That's the only entrance.

Tom

Just found it on the website.

The Sun King is on the Panarama Deck. Do you enter from the Paramana Deck or some other location?

Yeah midship elevator or stairs to get there. You cannot get there from the aft due to the galley in between the steakhouse and the second floor of the lido rest.

First of all, does it have one.

Second, what were your impressions.

Thanks.

Polina Grytsenko

Steakhouse Manager, Carnival Freedom

Carnival Cruise Lines

Office 1078/1079 | Ext.32191 | e: fdsteakhouse@carnival.com

This was the contact information when I went in Dec. 2011.

The first time I requested was not available so we booked the next night. No biggie to me which night we went. However, she emailed me after we had left home for the cruise and changed our reservation to the original time I had requested. I did not get the email. The family showed up on the second night to be told our reservation was for the previous night. I was not a happy camper. The cards the steward left in our room had the changed date on them. I didn't notice the date, if it had tuesday or wednesday on it that might have caught my eye, but I wasn't expecting any changes therefore wasn't looking for any.

So be aware your reservation may be changed when you board, if your first choice was full at first.

They did seat us the second night, after a small wait.

I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. The creamed spinach is better at Fleming's. Steak was good. Dessert was good. I thought there would be more options in the steakhouse, there are more seafood options than steak options.

First of all, does it have one.

Second, what were your impressions.

Thanks.

We ate in the Sun KIng Steakhouse aboard Freedom in November -- and we loved it!

The menu was interesting -- several cuts of steak, some seafood, a chicken entree, surf 'n' turf, maybe even a pork chop?

Everything was delicious and presented very well. Portion sizes were large -- we couldn't eat everything.

Service was exceptional.

It was quiet and relaxed.

We thought it was worth the $35 upcharge.

Archived