What is the purpose of a PCC and why can't I have one?

cruisecritiquer

We booked our cruise in March. I know turnover must be high there since every time I book a cruise, the same PCC is not there from the time I book until the time I embark. I don't think I've ever kept the same one all the way through.

So I called in yesterday with a couple of questions because I emailed my PCC and I got a bounce back from his email. He apparently does not work there anymore. Big shock. :rolleyes: I asked if I could get an update on who my PCC is now? They transferred me to some place that was purportedly supposed to assign me a new PCC. Okay, good. I get to this new person and she asks me when I booked, I gave her my itinerary number. She said that I made final payment and asked if anyone had contacted me. I said no. She said she didn't see why I needed a new PCC when I was all booked and ready to go. I asked for one anyway because I still had questions. She said she'd answer my questions and she did but she refused to assign me a new PCC. She said that if I have questions in the future, I can just call back in and talk to whomever answers the phone. I then decided maybe it's time to switch my reservation to a travel agent...I was told I'm not allowed to do this now.

I know it's nothing BIG. This is not the end of the free world...#firstworldproblems and all... but I like to be able to establish a rapport with my PCC in case I have questions or requests. Instead I have no one to email so I'm forced to call in every time. Yes, I'm whining. :(

I feel like they just dumped me off after I made my final payment like there's no point in you needing a designated person to speak to...we already have your money. If that's the case, why assign a PCC at all? Is there only purpose to make sure they remind you that you need to pay by the deadline?

My thoughts, don't want or need one. I have used them in the past but never again. Wrong answers, riding the line on truthfulness, don't last long, and only get back to you until the cruise is paid in full. Then... where did they go?? I usually start with a local T/A that I use, telling them what I would like. I give them an outline of what my research has shown and am very honest of my expectations. I have a price within 48 hours and like that if any problems arise, I can drive and do a face to face. Works for me.

We booked our cruise in March. I know turnover must be high there since every time I book a cruise, the same PCC is not there from the time I book until the time I embark. I don't think I've ever kept the same one all the way through.

So I called in yesterday with a couple of questions because I emailed my PCC and I got a bounce back from his email. He apparently does not work there anymore. Big shock. :rolleyes: I asked if I could get an update on who my PCC is now? They transferred me to some place that was purportedly supposed to assign me a new PCC. Okay, good. I get to this new person and she asks me when I booked, I gave her my itinerary number. She said that I made final payment and asked if anyone had contacted me. I said no. She said she didn't see why I needed a new PCC when I was all booked and ready to go. I asked for one anyway because I still had questions. She said she'd answer my questions and she did but she refused to assign me a new PCC. She said that if I have questions in the future, I can just call back in and talk to whomever answers the phone. I then decided maybe it's time to switch my reservation to a travel agent...I was told I'm not allowed to do this now.

I know it's nothing BIG. This is not the end of the free world...#firstworldproblems and all... but I like to be able to establish a rapport with my PCC in case I have questions or requests. Instead I have no one to email so I'm forced to call in every time. Yes, I'm whining. :(

I feel like they just dumped me off after I made my final payment like there's no point in you needing a designated person to speak to...we already have your money. If that's the case, why assign a PCC at all? Is there only purpose to make sure they remind you that you need to pay by the deadline?

I would continue to ask for a new PCC. Email/call whoever you can and keep asking. You do have a right to switch your PCC. And, you are not "whining". You are just trying to get the service you deserve.

My thoughts, don't want or need one. I have used them in the past but never again. Wrong answers, riding the line on truthfulness, don't last long, and only get back to you until the cruise is paid in full. Then... where did they go?? I usually start with a local T/A that I use, telling them what I would like. I give them an outline of what my research has shown and am very honest of my expectations. I have a price within 48 hours and like that if any problems arise, I can drive and do a face to face. Works for me.

Agreed but at this late date I can't switch to a travel agent. :rolleyes:

Wow, can't believe they don't get the concept of establishing a relationship with a customer who may call you back to book their NEXT cruise!

We have had our same PCC for a while now. Hope he's not going anywhere! He was recommended privately by someone here on the board, but we are not allowed to recommend PCCs by name here on the board, unfortunately.

Under the new transfer rules for booking, you can't transfer a booking after final payment or after final payment date, and only in the first 60 days after booking.

It may be that they are trying to lighten the work load of the PCCs, so that they can spend more time booking NEW cruises, but to deny giving you access, upon request, to one you may book with in the future?! Like you said, might as well just call a TA for the next one you book.

I constantly get calls from "my" PCC about every sale or deal NCL has coming out which is especially amusing when I am weeks away from a NCL vacation. I guess I am really cheap as I always book using the travel agency of one of the world's largest warehouse clubs and thanks to cruise critic I don't ever have any questions that the PCC could answer.

I constantly get calls from "my" PCC about every sale or deal NCL has coming out which is especially amusing when I am weeks away from a NCL vacation. I guess I am really cheap as I always book using the travel agency of one of the world's largest warehouse clubs and thanks to cruise critic I don't ever have any questions that the PCC could answer.

I've never received a "sales" call for a cruise. Maybe that's because my PCC never sticks around long enough.

Wow, can't believe they don't get the concept of establishing a relationship with a customer who may call you back to book their NEXT cruise!

We have had our same PCC for a while now. Hope he's not going anywhere! He was recommended privately by someone here on the board, but we are not allowed to recommend PCCs by name here on the board, unfortunately.

Under the new transfer rules for booking, you can't transfer a booking after final payment or after final payment date, and only in the first 60 days after booking.

It may be that they are trying to lighten the work load of the PCCs, so that they can spend more time booking NEW cruises, but to deny giving you access, upon request, to one you may book with in the future?! Like you said, might as well just call a TA for the next one you book.

I definitely think I will!

I have had the same PCC for almost 3 years. The before for over 2years. As far as answering questions we are better off asking here rather then any TA or PCC since chances are neither have been on the ship we want to book.

My PCC is great does exactly what I need. Responds to emails or voice mail in minutes, books the date and room I request, updates pricing when I ask, and checks for discounts I may have missed.

I have had the same PCC for almost 3 years. The before for over 2years. As far as answering questions we are better off asking here rather then any TA or PCC since chances are neither have been on the ship we want to book.

My PCC is great does exactly what I need. Responds to emails or voice mail in minutes, books the date and room I request, updates pricing when I ask, and checks for discounts I may have missed.

If it was something I thought CC could answer, I would post it here. I had a great PCC a few years ago but she didn't last through the duration of my booking until the cruise. I was very sad to see her go. She gave excellent customer service. It's not that I've had an issue with the ones I've been assigned. It's that I currently do not have one. Thanks for the bolded, that helps me immensely. LOL I read that in a little kid voice ("I have a candybar and you don't") LOL.

I booked our Panama Canal cruise in December and have had the same PCC the entire time. He answers emails very quickly and has dealt with my switching from 5 different rooms as prices have dropped. I have got immediate answers to all my voice mails. Our final payment was in July and I still am getting excellent customer service. Maybe I got lucky so don't lose all faith in NCL. This is my first cruise with NCL so it is off to a great start so far. Good luck getting a new PCC.

I love my PCC at NCL....I've only had her a year or so since the one before her moved to a different department. My PCC now, knows all about the cruise we want to book on POA in September of 2016, she sends me emails, and sometimes calls to let me know she is still on the lookout for our date to open up. The one before her was great too!...any questions I had, she researched and got back with me in a timely manner, never a problem with either of them. I like booking thru NCL, it's quick and easy.

~L~

After much comparison of online prices, perks, "extras," etc. I have mostly narrowed down my cruise purchases to one TA and company. In fact, I saw that my Sept. 2014 cruise went down considerably for an upcoming sale and emailed the admin. I work with today. I will be shocked if I don't have some response back by this afternoon or tomorrow. I don't always get the answer I want to hear, but I will be confident that they have done their best based on past actions. I am confident that anyone at the agency I use will be very helpful. No "con" from them;)

For general questions I come here or I call and talk to someone at NCL and choose the "booked with travel agency" choice - they have always been very helpful to get me the answer and don't seem to care that I didn't book directly with them.

Perhaps the problem with the PCC situation is that they are working under some type of commission?? Get them signed up and move on??

Wish we could recommend companies, but there you go:)

I must have a Do Not Call next to my name at NCL. We have never been called from NCL and are going on our third cruise with them. Maybe I should feel slighted :D

Booked for number 5, 6 and 7 and never received a sales call or an email, except for ship and port info the PCC sent right after a booking! Not that I'm complaining. Just the way I like it actually, but curious, as I know they have our phone number and email address.

But like another poster said, unless you want info on pricing, promos, upgrades etc, you are better off asking questions here.

I, too, love my PCC. We have been booking direct with NCL for at least 8 years, and this is only my second PCC. He is wonderful, responds to email or voicemail very quickly, and he never gets mad at me for canceling or changing our reservations (for which I am eternally grateful). :D During one of our conversations, my PCC mentioned that he was going on a cruise, and when he returned, he sent me photos!

I have never received a sales call from either of our PCCs, and that's perfect for us.

Agreed but at this late date I can't switch to a travel agent. :rolleyes:

True, but lesson learned ---> use a good travel agent from now on! I realize that NCL doesn't let TA's discount their prices (which is a huge advantage with cruiselines like Princess), but you can get more stable, attentive, personalized service from a good TA plus perks like OBC, wine, dinners, appetizers, etc. My TA is priceless. :D

True, but lesson learned ---> use a good travel agent from now on! I realize that NCL doesn't let TA's discount their prices (which is a huge advantage with cruiselines like Princess), but you can get more stable, attentive, personalized service from a good TA plus perks like OBC, wine, dinners, appetizers, etc. My TA is priceless. :D

And you can't get them 7x24. Have to reach them to do anything with your booking as NCL direct will not touch a TA booking. A free bottle of wine is not worth giving up control of the booking in my case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

And you can't get them 7x24. Have to reach them to do anything with your booking as NCL direct will not touch a TA booking. A free bottle of wine is not worth giving up control of the booking in my case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

My PCC responds very quickly and has been helpful. She is new for me and we had a rocky start, but now things are going very well.

My PCC responds very quickly and has been helpful. She is new for me and we had a rocky start, but now things are going very well.

Mine does as well and when she is out of the office I can still call the main reservation number and make changes which I can't do when booked with a TA.

Archived