Aft cabins on FOS

Anyone stayed in an aft cabin on FOS? We have on booked, & now told it is partially blocked view? Anyone have any experience in an aft!?

You can get an idea by looking at the photos from this site:

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aftbalconies/aftbalconies.html

These are from Voyager class ships, but Freedom's view would be very similar.

We try and book 1702 every chance we get. While a look straight down will get you a view of the balcony below you because of the way the aft is constructed, the view straight out is spectacular, and the balconies are huge. I measured 1702 the last time we were on FOS, and the balcony is about the same size as the interior of an E1 cabin:)

We have stayed in 7708 and loved it!!! Would definitely try to get on of the corner afts since the balconies are huge and there is also a round opening to the side of the ship where there is no obstruction of the view!

While I agree it sucks that you aren't right up against the rear most railing on Freedom, I would hardly describe the after balconies as terrible. My GF's mom had a rear balcony on deck 6 on freedom. Can't remember the exact cabin number but its right beside the presidential suite with the hot tub on the balcony. Loved the fact you can get a real lounger onto the aft balconies. And seeing Carnival/Disney follow us towards the Bahamas was amazing. I'd book an aft balcony, even on Freedom with the not quite right up against the railing view, in a heart beat.

I'm curious about these answers as well. We've ordered balcony cabin 8694 for an October cruise. It's not the corner balcony of 8698 but its close. I'm hoping its not an obstructed view as we were told it was not...

We had the option of 8696 or 8394. Maybe I should have taken one of those?? So hard to know without exact pics to go by.

Edited by ContessaK

I'm curious about these answers as well. We've ordered balcony cabin 8694 for an October cruise. It's not the corner balcony of 8698 but its close. I'm hoping its not an obstructed view as we were told it was not...

We had the option of 8696 or 8394. Maybe I should have taken one of those?? So hard to know without exact pics to go by.

You will be on the side of the ship, almost all the way aft. The cabins that people call "obstructed" are aft facing cabins on th etail of the ship.

We have stayed in 7708 and loved it!!! Would definitely try to get on of the corner afts since the balconies are huge and there is also a round opening to the side of the ship where there is no obstruction of the view!

We have this cabin next April...can't wait!

We has 1406 (JS) just this past June (2013)...We have always had balconies, and gave the Aft a try...some thoughts:

1) Definitely larger balcony (depth wise especially)

2) We did overlook the cabins below due to the terracing of the aft cabins, there were NO cabins above ours on this deck.

3)The water is a little distant from the edge of the railing for sure...you are not right over it at all, and there is a lot of structure around you...But very private from side to side..

4) There was almost ZERO traffic by our cabins, and to be honest, we didn't see anyone else that far back the entire week other than our steward..

5) The Windjammer was a quick walk for sure...

That being said, the novelty has been addressed for us to try them, and I like midship, side cabin balconies over the Aft...

David:D

The Freedom Class ships have a superstructure on the back of the ship. It's technically obstructing your view - but not like a lifeboat, or something large. Here is the view from 7708 (corner aft)

DSC_6152_zps0d7a93d7.jpg

I'm interested too! We have 7414, 7412, and 7410 booked on FOS for Sept 15!! Love hearing what others think of the afts! This will be our first experience!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My apologies for my post above, wrong ship.:o

I have had 7708 on the Freedom and 9406 on the Independence and loved them both. I did like 7708 the best. I have 1402 booked on the Freedom in less than 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

We had 1402 on liberty , absolutely love it back there on deck ten , we have also had 1406 and 1404 , can you tell we like it ? Love watching the wake so much nicer than just looking straight down at the sea , yes there is structure at the back but the view of the wake makes up for that .

Linda

The AFT view cabins are HORRIBLE... don't EVER book one... if you do, your trip will be ruined... you will hate cruising and someone will come and take away your birthday!!!

(Maybe that will free a few of them up)...

I had my first aft balcony cabin way back when on the Enchantment... I now book cruises on the availability of such cabins...

I had 1400 booked on Freedom last year. I was upgraded to a JS at the pier and I was FURIOUS about it... and tried to get our cabin back...

I am in 1402 in 5 days...

The "obstructions" are not obtrusive... and it so SO worth it...

Grab one if you can...

We had 1402 on liberty , absolutely love it back there on deck ten , we have also had 1406 and 1404 , can you tell we like it ? Love watching the wake so much nicer than just looking straight down at the sea , yes there is structure at the back but the view of the wake makes up for that .

Linda

Great to know :) I have not had an aft on deck 10 yet but it looks like the super structure is less invasive from there;)

I'm interested too! We have 7414, 7412, and 7410 booked on FOS for Sept 15!! Love hearing what others think of the afts! This will be our first experience!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Those are great cabins!

We're booked for 7630 on FOS in Oct....I hope it's not an obstructed view!! :eek:

7630 is midship on the starboard side. No obstruction onany port or starboard cabins, and I believe you're on the hump. Great location. Only two-three doors down the hall from the main elevator banks.

Edited by orville99

7630 is midship on the starboard side. No obstruction onany port or starboard cabins, and I believe you're on the hump. Great location. Only two-three doors down the hall from the main elevator banks.

Just in front of the hump. :)

View "straight back" alongside the ship will be blocked by the hump, but who needs to look straight back from midship? ;)