Calgary and Kamloops Restaurants

We will have one night each in Calgary and Kamloops as we take the train to Vancouver to start our cruise in August. Would love a restaurant recommendation - something relaxed and reasonable - with good food of course! Thanks!

It would help to know where you're staying while in Calgary. I will presume downtown so will suggest Earl's and Metropolitan Grill both on 8th Avenue, Saltlic, Muriettas, James Joyce Pub, the list goes on and on.

FlamingoT, here are a few restaurants to consider when you're in Kamloops.

Minos - Greek food. HUGE portions, delicious food. Nice atmosphere. Very reasonable.

Peters Pasta - Homemade pasta, sauces, chicken & veal their speciality. Their caesar salad is one of the best I've ever tasted. (Everyone in your party must have a bite or two - it has just a bit of garlic). Reasonably price, no atmosphere, but the food more than makes up for it.

Ric's Grill - Good variety. More than reasonable, but I wouldn't say it's really expensive. Nice atmosphere.

Chapters Viewpoint - Beautiful view of the Thompson Rivers. Food and service is nice. Reasonably priced. Their house salad is very good. Some mexican dishes on the menu, but steaks, chicken etc. also available.

Kamloops is a very casual small city - no need to dress up at any restaurant in town. Jeans or casual wear are the norm.

Enjoy your day in Kamloops.

Sue

Archived