Dolphin Swim in Grand Cayman or Jamaica??

Stepperwoo

First time posting a question so apologies if I have put this in the wrong place :o

I am researching excursions for our family's first cruise in January...138 days, and, no, I'm not counting!! :D Anyway, doing a dolphin swim is one of the excursions we would like to do but I am confused on which facility is better and/or would offer a more enjoyable experience - Grand Cayman or Jamaica?? Stingrays in the Caymans is a definite for us, so I would be looking at combining that with the dolphins if that is what is recommended.

Even though as first time cruisers, we would be advised to stick with the cruise line's excursions, I am not afraid to venture out on my own with a reputable tour company.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! ;)

I may not be of much help but will try -

My wife and 3 of her friends enjoyed this excursion in Jamaica, I have to look up the place as we had a driver take us there while staying in Montego Bay. It was on the way to Ocho Rios and near there I believe. The girls loved every minute of it, very professional and clean facility. They chose thebest package and they were involved with several rides and tricks with the dolphins.

We stopped to look at the facility in Grand Cayman while staying there. It's right across the street from the Turtle Farm so you could do both at once. We didn't take the dolphin excursion but the facility looked good.

So no help, but I can recommend the facility in Jamaica and I'll look for that name.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
First time posting a question so apologies if I have put this in the wrong place :o

I am researching excursions for our family's first cruise in January...138 days, and, no, I'm not counting!! :D Anyway, doing a dolphin swim is one of the excursions we would like to do but I am confused on which facility is better and/or would offer a more enjoyable experience - Grand Cayman or Jamaica?? Stingrays in the Caymans is a definite for us, so I would be looking at combining that with the dolphins if that is what is recommended.

Even though as first time cruisers, we would be advised to stick with the cruise line's excursions, I am not afraid to venture out on my own with a reputable tour company.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! ;)

We did the stingrays and dolphin swim in Grand Cayman and loved it. Either way, I would do dolphins in Grand Cayman over Jamaica. I know Dolphin Discovery runs the dolphins in Cozumel and Grand Cayman, not sure of Jamaica. Have fun with whatever you do!!

Actually the dolphin experience in Jamaica near Ocho Rios was much nicer than the GCM one, we would recommend that. For GCM we would highly recommend the jet ski excursion with Fat Fish Adventures, excellent day with a few different stops, and your ray experience is more personal because you're with a small group.